Part 2: Chapter Nine

9. A New Chapter Begins

~~~Weeks Later~~~

Chyna Jones

Everything has really died down since the trial. I've stopped being the paranoid girl who jumps after hearing sounds during the night. The nightmares have stopped. I was beginning to going back to myself... but I wanted to become a newer version. I was tired of being a victim. I just wanted to be the girl who doesn't rely on anyone for protection. I was going to become a new Chyna.

After waking up this morning, I felt that there was too much bad energy here. I loved living in South Beach but it just seemed like pain has made my life here difficult. I think it's time for a change. My thoughts were soon interrrupted when there was a knock at the door. I went to the door and found Tremaine standing there.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey. What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing... nothing, I was just uh coming to see if you were okay." Tremaine said.

I smiled. "Ok. I'm fine thanks for asking."

"Good." Tremaine said.

"Trey, just tell me why you're here. You gotta come up with better excuses next time." I said letting him in.

"Shit, I forgot you know me well enough to know when I'm stalling." Tremaine said.

"Yea obviously." I said. "So why are you really here?"

"After the trial and everything, I thought we needed to talk." Tremaine said.

"Yea you're right. I mean after everything happened, we need to know where we stand." I said.

"And where is that exactly?" Tremaine asked.

"Honestly, I don't know." I said.

"Chyna I love you. I really love you and if you think that being together is not what's best then I'll understand." Tremaine said.

"I love you too. And I'm not saying that we can't be together because I want that. We deserve happiness even if that's with other people or with each other. But..."

"But?" Tremaine asked.

"I don't know if we can start over. I mean the year we've had and the shit thats been going on, I guess the question is. How can we be happy together if right around a dark corner lies secrets, lies, and so much pain? We are too old for this shit and I can't deal with this anymore." I said.

"Nah I get it. I can't make any promises or guarantees, but I can promise you that whatever happens good or bad, I will never leave you again." Tremaine said.

"You promise." I questioned.

"I promise. I don't ever want to leave you again. Leaving you was one of the biggest mistakes of my life." Tremaine said.

"Alright, prove it." I said.

"What?" Tremaine questioned.

"Prove it. I'll cook dinner tonight and we'll just talk. No lies. No bullshit. No sex. Just us talking like when we were dating." I proposed.

"Really?" Tremaine asked.

I smiled. "Yea and if you're not up for the challenge I'd understand. I mean you probably can't handle it."

"Hold on, I didn't say that. But it's worth it so what wine should I bring?" Tremaine asked.

"Red." I smiled.

"Is 8 ok?" Tremaine asked.

"8 sounds ok." I said.

"See you then." Tremaine said.

By then we were all in each other's face like we were about to throwdown. But it was nothing but innocent and high tensions of lust. It was like we were teenagers all over again.

Tremaine Neverson

Tonight I had a date with Chyna and she was right. Maybe starting over wasn't the right call, maybe picking up where we left off was. I really love Chyna and I will do anything to keep her in my life. But she's been through a lot and for a while, she'll put up walls to defend herself because after the shit I put her through and the trial things are never going to be the same again.

I have to show her that she is the only woman in my life that I can't live without. A new chapter in our lives will begin today and I will make sure that it'll last. Even if it takes all of me and every breath in my body.

Nina Jones-Marks

I couldn't believe this! This was actually happening. My heart was pounding like crazy and goosebumps were on my arms. I wasn't sure if it was even a good idea, but I guess it was too late to turn around. How was I gonna tell Chyna? What was she gonna think of me doing this? I checked the time on my phone waiting anxiously for them to show up.

"Nina?" A voice said.

I looked up and saw a middle aged woman who was about in early fifties. She looked younger and wasn't what I expected. I guess it better late than never.

"You are Nina, aren't you?" The woman asked.

"Yes... yes I am." I choked.

She smiled in my face and right then and there, I knew who she was. "Are you...?"

"Yes. My name is Adriana and I'm your mother." She said.

Holy shit!

Chyna Jones

It was time for a change. It was time for a new me. A new chapter in my life was beginning and I wanted to change the outcome and not letting the outcome change me. I want to be a different person.

The pain wasn't like I remembered when I was 15. Each time the needle pierced my skin, I tried not to cringe. But then after a while, the pain was bearable. Afterwards my leg was numb but the end result was worth it.

"Alright you can't scratch it, so put baby oil or lotion on it soothe the pain." Ian said.

"Ian it's me, I know how it works." I said.

"Yea I know." Ian said.

I smiled and grabbed my stuff and paid Ian. I went back to my condo because I had to prepare for dinner with Tremaine. The funny thing about this was I hadn't done anything like this for a while and I had no idea what I was gonna cook.

***

Hours had passed by and the food was all done. I I had cooked shrimp alfredo, and garlic bread. Everything was good to go, so the only thing left was to get ready. I went into my bedroom and got dressed. I put on a pair of shorts and an oversized sweater. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I went to go open the door and saw Tremaine standing there.

"Right on time." I said.

"I'm never late." Tremaine said.

I moved to the side letting him in. I closed the door behind him and we had dinner together. It was nice sitting down with Tremaine and actually talking. It was one the best nights of my life.