Part 2: Chapter Six

6. Illusion (Part 2)

Tremaine Neverson

Loud music blaring from my house allowed me not to hear the knocking at the door. I opened the door and saw some dude dressed in a suit which was weird. I didn't know who he was nor what he was doing here.

"You Tremaine?" He asked.

"Who's asking?" I questioned.

"Casey Maverick, district attorney." He introduced.

"May I ask why the district attorney is at my doorstep asking about me?" I asked.

"It's about Nixie Brown." Casey said.

I was silent right after that. I stepped outside because I didn't want Reese knowing what was going on. To be honest, I didn't even know what was going on.

"What about Nixie?" I asked.

"Like I've told Cris and Chyna, Nixie mignt become a free woman." Casey said.

"What?" I questioned. "That's impossible."

"Unfortunately it's not. Nixie is cooperating and with good behavior the most time she could get is three to five years. And if not she walks free with probabtion and community service." Casey explained.

"This can't be happening rignt now. That woman put me through hell and back. She destroyed my life and you're telling me she could go free." I said.

"I'm afraid so." Casey said.

I felt the blood in my body boiling like crazy. Could this really be happening? "Ok, what can I do to make sure this psycho never gets out?" I asked.

"Glad you asked. The four of us will be meeting in my office tomorrow afternoon to discuss your testimonies and what should and should not be said in the courtroom." Casey said.

"I'll be there. It's time to end this once and for all." I said.

"I agree." Casey said giving me a card. "I will call you tomorrow about the details but make sure you show up to my office tomorrow afternoon. This is important."

I took the card. "Will do."

I turned away from Casey and went back into my house. The music had stopped but I hadn't noticed once I was in the kitchen a getting a beer. The craziest thing was although I should be nervous about going to give a statement,  but I actually I'm petrified about seeing Chyna. It just seeemed like no matter what I'm doing or going through my mind stayed focused on her. The way she smiles. The way she sees the good in people. The way she makes you laugh. The way she makes you feel. She's so uplifting and seeing her tomorrow is making me think about what I'm going to say. I know sorry won't cut it and making promises that I can't keep isn't worth it. I have to tell her the truth like Reese said.

Like my mama says..the truth hurts in more ways than one.

~~~The Next Day~~~

Chyna Santiago

I entered my condo after taking a long run relieving stress. I checked the time and saw that I had to be at Casey's office in an hour. I went and took a shower and put on dark skinny jeans, a white button down shirt, and black and white platform heels. I added some chapstick and eye liner and headed out the door.

As I was driving over to the office, I turned on the radio and El Perdon (Forgiveness) x Nicky Jam & Enrique Iglesias came on. I swayed my head back and forth listening to the music. Before I knew it, I arrived at Casey's office with only two minutes to spare. I raced in the building, into the elevator, and into the office. When I arrived I saw Cris and Casey talking. They both looked up when they saw me.