Chapter 9

I wake up to the sun shining through the airplane window. I look up at Zach. "Good morning." He said. "How did you sleep?" "Good." I responded. I pick my head off of him and look at his phone to see the time. 7:30. "I'm so glad we are almost there. We only have one day left." Zach says. "Yeah" I say.

    "Hey, do you wanna play a game?" Zach asks. "Sure." I say. "Ok, what's your favorite color?" He asks me. "Blue." I say. "What's your favorite food?" "Hmmm..." Zach thinks. "Macaroni and cheese." He responds. I start laughing. "Ok." He says. "Who do you love?" "Who do you think you big dummy! My boyfriend!" I lean over and kiss him.

********************************

    "The plane will be landing soon." The man says that is on the loudspeaker. I start to gather my stuff and put it in my book bag. I look out the window and see the ground coming closer and closer. I start to make out buildings. I can't believe it. It's Washington. My ears start hurting from the plane going down. "Ahhhhh!" I scream. "My ears!" I look over at Zach and he is chewing gum. "Here, take a price of gum, it helps. He says and hands me a piece of gum. I start to chew on it. My ears start to feel a little better but they still hurt really bad. The plane finally lands. "Ding!" People start standing up. "We are now in Washington! Thank you for flying with us! I hope you have had a good flight!" The man on the loudspeaker says. The people start walking out of the plane. I am so excited. I hop up and start to try to get off the bus in the slow line of people. Zach follows me. I finally hop off of the plane. My feet meet the hard concrete ground. I breath in the fresh air. It's not easy being cooped up in a airplane for two days. Zach comes up from behind me. He takes my hand and we start walking away from the plane. That's something I like. As soon as you get off the plane, you don't have to sign anymore papers or wait in anymore lines. You just get to leave. I know this because when I was ten, my family and I went on a trip to Disney World and we had to take a plane.

    "What do you say we go get something to eat?" Zach suggests. "Oh, so this is a date?" I ask. "Well I suppose it is." Zach answers.

********************************

    "This place is beautiful!" I exclaim. The shiny hardwood floors go well with the maroon table cloths and the large chandler in the center of the ceiling. We take a seat at one of the tables. A waitress walks over. "Hello! My name is Anna. I'll be your server today. What would you like to eat?" She asks. Hmmmm. I think. "I'll have a Sprite." I ask. I look over at Zach. "Uhh... I'll have a uhh... Coke." He says. The waiter finishes taking notes on her notepad and then walks away to take our order. "And I didn't know it was so hard to order a drink." I said. "Hey! I don't know what it's like here! I didn't know if they would have Coke!" Zach says. "Haha, your so stupid." I joke. "Oh shut up." He says.

    The waiter comes over with our drinks. She places my Sprite by me and Zach's Coke-A-Cola by him. "Are y'all ready to order?" The waitress asks. Oh! We were fooling around too much that we forget to look at the menus. "Uhh... Just a sec. Let me look." I say as I pick up a menu and flip through it. I see a delicious looking grilled cheese sandwich. "Could I get the grilled cheese sandwich please?" I ask. "Sure darling. And what will you have?" She gestures to Zach. "I'll have spaghetti." He says. Again the waitress walks over to the kitchen.

********************************

The waitress finally comes back with our food after waiting so long. I stuff the grilled cheese sandwich in my mouth in nearly a minute. "Well, you were hungry." Zach says. I laugh in response as I eat the other half of my grilled cheese sandwich. Once I'm finished, I wait for Zach to finish his spaghetti. He is almost done. He sees me watching him. "What are you looking at me for? Wanna share?" He wiggles his eyebrows. "Very funny, but no. I see what your trying to do, and I'm not going to kiss you with spaghetti sauce on our lips." I reply.

********************************

Zach finally finishes his spaghetti. We pay for the food and tip the waiter. Then we walk outside. I take a look at the map. I gasp. "What?" Zach asks. "The place we have to go is the White House! Why would my mom expect me to go to the White House!?" I exclaim. I through the map down on the ground. "Woah wait!" Zach yells. He runs to catch the map. "You are lucky I got the map, the wind almost blew it away!" He says. "Sorry." I say. "Woah wait!" Zach says. "There is something on the back!"

Alex,
The cure is at the White House. The president has it. I know you will find a way to get it. I believe in you.
~Mom

I finish reading the letter on the back of the map. I get teary eyed. My mom. I miss her. Why did she have to die. The disease killed her. And the president is too stupid to do anything about it. He has the cure. He... He...

I start to cry. Tears stream down my face. Zach pulls me against him and my face is on his chest. He cares about me. He loves me. He went through all of this for me, and he didn't leave me. And I love him too.

"I love you." Zach says.

"I love you too." I say

~Authors note~
Hey! I'm going to start doing authors notes. I think it would be fun to talk to my readers.

And about my readers. I almost have 100 viewers! Thank you all for reading! I really appreciate it when you guys read my book and comment what you think.
I have some questions that I would love for you to answer. They would really help me with writing.

What do you think about my book?

What do you think of as Alex and Zach as a couple? Do you ship them?

Is there any ideas you have for me for the next chapter or any future chapters in this book or even a sequel?

I would love it if you commented your suggestions and answers on my questions. Thank you for reading! 😄