Chapter 22

Alexia's Pov

I sit on the bathroom floor in a stall, crying. What has happened was so sudden. Why would Zach just come back and be all nice to me, even though he said before, when I was in the hospital, that he didn't want me. Well, obviously he wants me now. But I don't want him anymore.

I hear someone open the bathroom floor.

"Alexia?" It is Alex.

He must see my feet under the stall, because he knocks on the stall door.

"Alexia, I know you are in there!"

I respond with a muffled sniff.

"Open the door."

I don't open the door. Suddenly, I see Alex's head pop under the door. Surprised by his action, I jump back, hitting my head on the toilet that I have rested the back of my head on from sitting on the hard floor.

"Oops, sorry." Alex says.

"What if I was going to the bathroom?"

"I know you weren't." Alex finishes as he crawls all the way inside the stall.

The stall is small, so we are squished together, our faces inches apart.

"You aren't allowed in here, this is the girls bathroom." I say.

"No one will know." Alex says. I laugh.

"Now tell me what's wrong."

I pour out the whole story to Alex, unable to hold it in. From my mom dying to Zach kissing me to the hospital. When I finish, I start to cry again. Alex takes my head and presses it against his chest. Surprised by his action, I pull back, making Alex's expression look hurt.

"I'm sorry, if I, made you uncomfortable."

"It's fine." I stare into Alex's eyes.

Our faces inch a little closer.

"I could go beat up Zach again." Alex offers.

"You beat up Zach!?"

"Yeah, he made you upset, what else was I supposed to do?"

"You didn't even know our backstory!"

"I do now."

I snort.

Alex's breath is hot on my face, we are now very close. "Listen, I'm sorry."

"It's ok. Just, don't do it again, ok?"

"Ok."

We sit for a while, staring at each other. Until Alex and I both lean in at the same time, and our lips touch. A fiery sensation goes through my body as we kiss. I deepen the kiss, enjoying it. It doesn't last as long as I would like, because we both break away from each other.

I blush. "I'm sorry, I just."

"It's ok." Alex takes my hand.

"I mean, I just met you yesterday! We are in the stall of a bathroom right now! And I'm pretty sure you have a girlfrie..."

"Shh." Alex puts his finger on my lips. "I don't. It's ok."

My eyes soften. Maybe I just have trust issues after what happened with Zach.

"I just... I think I have trust issues from what happened with Zach." My thoughts pool out, unable to hold it in when I am talking to Alex.

"I would never leave you." He says. "You just have to give me a chance."

Those last words are the words that sold me. I lean in, and kiss him.

And that kiss, is the kiss that sealed my love for Alex.