Chapter 19

I am ready to give up on life.

The days are all the same. Wake up, food, tv, food, tv, food, tv, sleep, wake up again. The same nurses who are not willing to make a conversation. The same feeling that everyone who loved you are gone. That feeling of, worthlessness.

Why do they try to save me? It won't work, I will just be trapped in this hospital for the rest of my life.

It's all just pointless.

********************************

"I'm counting on you... I love you Alex." Where her last words. Her eyes closed and she stopped moving. She was dead.

*

"You ok?" He asks. "Yeah..." I struggle on my words as I look up at his face inches from mine. "Thanks"
My face heats up. We are literally inches from each other. Every one else on the bus is yelling and trying to figure out how it stopped. But their voices fade away. All that matters to me right now is this moment. I start to take off my face mask, figuring we might...

*

"Well, goodnight." He says. "Goodnight." I reply.

*

"You have to trust me, I have a plan, and it's gonna work." He says. I try to say something, but the fact that we are getting closer leaves me stuttering. My face grows red. It feels like forever until Zach pulls me in and kisses me. I clutch unto his back and he puts his hands on my hips. I feel so good, nothing can ruin this moment. We finally separate. "Uhhh." Zach's face is red. "I'm sorry I..." "No." I cut him off. "Don't be sorry." I pull him in and we kiss again.

*

We took a seat next to each other. We did it. We are on the plane.

*

1 missed message: Marie
Hey Alex. You must've noticed me on the bus that one day. I am sick. You weren't at school today, I don't know why, but I was going to tell you today but you aren't at school so I'm texting you. I'm going to die soon. I'm going to miss you. You were the best friend I have ever had. Stay strong, don't get the disease.
    ~Marie

*

"I'm sorry." He says. He leans over and kisses me. I kiss him back and tears start streaming on my face. I don't care that were on a plane. I don't care that a bunch of people are probably watching us. I start to cry as Zach pulls me closer and kisses me harder.

*

"I love you." I say. "I love you too." He says. He loves me. I look into his green eyes, just like mine. "Alex..." Zach hesitates. "Will you be my girlfriend?" "Yes!" I say and I kiss him again. We have each other. We can make it through this hard time. I think I have lost everyone, but I really haven't. I still have him.

*

    Zach comes over to me. He kisses me. I kiss him back. "I love you." He says. Before I can say it back, everything went black.

*

"Alex I'm so glad your ok!" Zach says. He runs up to me and hugs me. I start kissing him, he kisses me back. We both start crying.

*

    Zach and I start to watch a movie. I lay on his shoulder as we watch. I breath in his "just took a shower" scent. And I fall asleep in his arms.

***

The memories overwhelm me as I lie on my bed, tossing and turning. Tears stream down my face, and I bite my lip, not allowing myself to scream and wake up the other patients, also alerting not so nice nurses.

I can't take it anymore, and I scream. I roughly bite my lip harder, breaking skin. I taste the salty blood pour into my mouth.

Eventually, the tears mix with my blood, pooling into my mouth. I start choking. My heart monitor next to me starts beeping really loud, and I hear the loud footsteps of nurses pile into the room. My eyesight starts to blur, and I'm not sure if it's from me crying, or the fact that I am losing air from my lungs.

As I am fading, I see the nurses rush over to me. They start giving me medicines and attaching tubes to me. I see Mari's face over me, but only faintly, saying, "You'll be ok, honey."