Chapter 26

Zach's Pov
It has been a week since I have been trapped in this cell. I don't think I can't take it any longer, I might go insane. There is nothing to do, nothing to see. Everything is always the same, every day. The boredom overwhelms me.

I have to see Alex, my muffin. She is my muffin. Not that other guy's! I will get my revenge. Soon.

"Talkin' to yourself again?" The security guard asks with a laugh.

"N...no." I reply.

"You want your muffin?" He laughs.

I growl at him.

"Well guess what? You are never getting your muffin, you are insane!" He continues to laugh.

"Shut up!" I scream.

He just continues to laugh.

"I will get my revenge! You'll see!" I run up to the bars, grabbing them, trying to escape. But it is no use, for they do not budge, and the security guard continues to stay unharmed.

Later that night...

I watch as the security guard snores away in his tiny office chair, preventing any of the criminals from sleeping themselves. Now is my chance, I think. But how do I get out?

I look at the security guard, and then the keys on his belt. How do I get those keys? I think for a bit, and figure out all I need to do.

I grab the ladder of by bunk bed and pull off a bar. It grabs attention of my roommate, Bob. Bob was arrested for robbing a Micdonalds. Not really smart, Bob, but he is still my friend.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm breaking out of here." I whisper. "Wanna come?"

"Heck yeah."

I tell him my plan.

"Perfect." Bob flashes a evil grin.

Exactly 12:00 am...

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" I grab my stomach and fall to the floor.

It awakes the security guard, and he runs over to my cell.

"What is going on!?"

"I think... I think... I'm having a heart attack." I grab my shirt and fall to the floor.

"How am I supposed to believe you?"

I hesitate at his question. I suppose my trick was probably used many times.

I respond by starting to hack and cough. I make sure to get spit everywhere. I try to stop breathing for a while, to make my face turn... Whatever color it's turning right now.

"Alright, alright!" The security guard opens the cell door.

As soon as he does, I grab the metal bar from the ladder and whack the back of his head, before he can even do anything. He falls to the floor, I just hope I didn't kill him.

I guess that doesn't matter, as long as I get my muffin back.

Bob and I run out of our cell, not looking behind us, not stopping. I though, can hear the other prisoners yelling at us, yelling at us to let them escape too.

But we don't have time for that.

The sirens start to ring once we have make it out of the building, and police men start running after us.

Bob and I run far, taking sharp turns, trying to lose the police. We hear their footsteps, then yelling, "Stop!" But we don't listen.

I take a turn and hide in a bush. Bob hides in a dumpster. I hear the police looking around for a little, and then leave.

"Are they gone, Bob?" I ask.

"Yeah, let's go." He says.

We both hop out of our hiding places and shake hands.

"Nice doing business with ya', my brotha'." He says.

I reply with a nod. "Let's keep in touch."

Bob nods and runs off into the darkness of the alley.

It is time to find Alex.

********************************
Alexia's Pov
I make myself a microwave dinner and sit at my counter, waiting. I think about Zach while I'm waiting. No, stop thinking about him. He's no good for me. He obviously just can't handle being dumped and went insane, that's all.

The microwave beeps and I pop it open. The disgusting smell of microwave meal fills the room. It's the only thing I can really afford right now though, so I'll just have to deal with it.

I take a bite and then hear a noise come from the glass door leading to my porch. I shudder, remembering the incident that happened right at that spot. It can't be him, he's in jail. I take breaths, in and out, trying to calm myself.

But then I hear a click at the door. I pause. I suddenly realize I can see a shadow at the glass. I start breathing heavily. The doorknob turns, then it opens.

I start to scream, as loud as I can, hoping to alert the neighbors. But to no avail, because the guy runs in, and quickly grabs my wrist.

It's Zach. I scream even louder. I hear a door opening, it must be the neighbors.

"How did you get out of jail!?" I ask.

"Oh, I'd do anything for you." He says.

"Leave me alone! I no longer love you!"

My door opens, and my neighbors run in. An old couple that live on my one side, and a young girl a little older than me on my other side.

They start running towards me, but Zach grabs my wrist, picks me up, and puts me over his shoulder. I start to scream and kick him, but Zach runs away with me on his shoulder, into the dark night of the city.