Chapter 24

When I arrived at work Monday morning, I didn't see Alex. Disappointed, I gave little effort in sweeping the floors. Hope boss doesn't notice.

We are low on costumers today, every couple hours, someone will come in. So me and Janine just sit around all day.

"This is a waste of time." Janine says. "We should just be able to go home. No one is coming here."

"Yeah, you're right. I have things to do."

"Like what?" I hear boss walk from the back room.

"Why are you spying on us!?" I snap at him.

"I have nothing to do either. And don't talk to me like that. I'll fire you."

"If you were to fire me, I don't think you would get any other workers, no one wants to work in this dirt hole."

Boss just sighs and walks away. I stare at the closed door blocking us from him, wondering.

"Why is he being so nice?" Janine asks.

"Nice!?"

"You know he would have fired you for that."

"I suppose you're right." I finally agree.

"So, what was it about though?"

"I don't know."

We sit around in silence for a couple of seconds, before I speak up.

"I wonder where Alex is." I say.

"Why do you wanna know where Alex is so badly?" Janine asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't know, just wondering." I start to sweat.

"I know the real reason why."

"Well, what then."

"You like Alex!" Janine says loudly.

""No I don't! Shut up!" I put my finger on her lips.

Janine continues to blab on. "Alex and Alex! It's perfect!"

"Alexia! It's Alexia!"

"See, that's why you wanted to change your name, so you two could be together!"

"No! That's not true!"

"Alex and Alexia sittin' in a tree..." Janine starts to yell loudly.

"Shut up!"

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!" Her voice echoes through the empty shop.

"You are acting like a child!" I proclaim.

"Why do you care anyway, there is no one here!"

"Boss!"

"Oh, who cares about him? You really do like Alex!"

"No I don't! SHUT UP!!!"

"What's going on out there!?" Boss screams echo through the shop.

"Just a disagreement." I say, my face red, even though he can't see me.

"Well stop, just in case someone comes in!"

"Sorry!" Janine yells.

********************************

Zach's Pov

I keep thinking back to when that guy beat me up. I wish I could replay that moment, so I would have a chance to punch him in the face again. I hate him so much. I wonder if he is dating Alex? He did steal her from me. Just the thought of that loser dating my Alex makes me sick.

Why won't she come back to me? I thought she loved me. If she never got in that accident, none of this would have happened. She is so ugly now.

I cannot take this nonsense anymore. I am finding Alex.

My Alex.

Authors note
Sorry for the short chapter. I have been busy lately. Just wanted to say I appreciate that you guys are reading my book. I know not many do, but it is appreciated to the people that do. 😊😊😊

Ok, so I used to like Zach, but I hate him now. He is such a creep! Lol. 😂😂😂

What do you guys think of Alex? (Not the main character, the guy Alex. But you can tell me what you think of Alexia if you want too. 😏😏😏)

Well I can say that I totally ship Alex and Alexia. Defiantly a better ship than Alex and Zach. That may change though. But hey, what do I know about shipping? I ship everything! Example, I totally ship that office chair with that desk. See! 😁😁😁

Anyway, I'll update soon. See ya!

Peace! ✌🏼️