Chapter 33

I guess I can never tell you what death felt like, I guess you will have to figure that out on your own one day. I can say it felt, kind of, tingly. I know, weird. Well, I guess this is goodbye. Tell Alexia I love her.

Alexia's Pov:

I scream as I see the life leave Alex's eyes. Zach killed him, he actually killed him. How could he?

"How could you do this?" I ask him, enraged.

"It had to be done." He says. "There can be only one Alex, and that is my Alex."

"No!" I scream. "I'm done with you!" I am not your Alex, I'm nobody's Alex!"

I surprise attack Zack by jumping on top of him, and taking his pole. I hit him over and over again with the pole, just like he did to Alex.

But right before he dies, he mutters the words, "I love you. You may not love me, but I will always love you."

I fall onto the ground and burst into tears. I start to remember all the things we've been through together, I miss it. I miss when I loved him back.

But there is no way I can forgive him now. After all the things he has done, there is no way.

"I no longer love you." I whisper to his laying body. "But one more kiss." I gently kiss his bloody lips, and turn around, not looking back.

***

One Year Later:

It has been a few months since I have given birth to my baby girl.

I do not know who the father is, Zach or Alex. I will always wonder that, even though I will soon be dead.

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as my baby lives a life unlike mine, an enjoyable life.

I still haven't picked a name. No one has really questioned me, since I have no one.

I hide out in the old hospital, so no one finds me and questions me about everything that has happened, I just wouldn't be able to handle it.

I stare at my daughter's beautiful eyes. They look just like my eyes.

A name, I have finally picked the perfect name. Her first name, is to be Zach. Zach, for my first love. Her middle name, is to be Alex, for my second love. And her last name is to be Alexia.

Zach Alex Alexia. Seems like a weird name, huh? She will probably forever question why she was named this strange name.

Maybe one day she will find out.

My notebook and pen sits upon the ledge. I pull it out and start writing.

Zach Alex Alexia,

I am sorry, but I will never be able to see you grow up into a beautiful young woman. There are so many things you will never know about me, about my life. There may be some things you may know, but I feel as like my life is a puzzle, there are so many pieces, so many mysteries, so many mistakes, that all go together to make everything clear, to be able to understand everything. I hope you end up in the right hands. Again, I am sorry you will never get to meet me, I just want you to know I love you.

Love your mother, Alexia.

I tuck the letter in her sleeve, and kiss her forehead.

"I love you, Zach Alex Alexia."

I leave her on the seat and I stand on the ledge. Am I doing this, am I really doing this?

I take in a deep breath, the last breath I will ever take...

And I jump.