Chapter 11

The plan is set. It will work. I know it will. I take Zach's hand as we walk up the stairs leading to the president's room. I am more nervous then ever. What if it doesn't work? I take a deep breath. Stay calm. You can do this.

    "No matter what happens, I love you, and always will." Zach whispers to me.

    "I love you too." I say. I feel better now. We can do this, together.

    We arrive at another hallway. I don't know how Malena and Jonathan find their way around this place. It's like a maze! We keep walking until we reach the biggest door of all of the doors in this building. Malena walks forward and knocks on the door.

    "Who is it and what do you want?" Says a voice behind the door. It must be he president. Well, he sure isn't friendly.

    "It's Malena." Malena says

    "Come in." The president says.

    Malena opens the door and all four of us walk in. The president. I never thought... I... Would see the president in person. He sits in a large, black chair at a gigantic wooden desk. The room has shelves with books and paperwork and all kinds of things on them. A giant American flag hangs on the ceiling.

    "Who are these people Malena?" The president asks.

    Malena is about to answer but I speak up. "Is it true Mr. President? Did you create the disease?"

    The president hesitates. "How do you know this information?" He asks.

    "My mom told me, but my dad found the information." I say.

    "What is your fathers name?" The president asks.

    "What makes you think I will give you that information?" I ask.

    "I am the president dear." He laughs. "You will do what I say."

    "Anthony Martin" I say

    "Ahh, yes. Your father was part of the government spy team. He mustn't of told you. They used to work for me. Until they found out my plan for the disease. Then I had to kill them all." The president said.

    "That's why my dad is dead." I say, as tears stream down my face. "Why did you do it!?" I scream. "Why did you make the disease!?"

    "You don't understand dear, when you get older, you want to be powerful, you want to be the ruler." The president says.

    "But you're already the president!" I cry. "How much more could you want!?"

    "It wasn't enough. You want more, and more, and more. You want to be, ruler of the world!" He laughs like a maniac. "That's why I came up with the disease. So I could kill everyone, until I'm the only one left!"

    "Your sickening dad." Says Malena. We all look over. "Even me dad?! You would kill, even me!? Even Jonathan!? Even your wife!? You sicken me! You need to stop!" She screams.

    The president doesn't even look hurt. "I'm sorry dear, but you need to pay a price to be powerful."

    Malena falls to the ground and starts crying. "Where is the cure!?" I demand.

    "The cure? Ha! I will never tell you where the cure is! You think I'm an idiot!?" The president says.

    I scream and run over to him. I jump on top of him and start punching him in the face. But he is bigger and stronger than me. He picks me up and throws me across the room like a rag doll. I hit the wall and fall to the ground.

    "Alex!" Zach screams.

    "I'm sorry dear, I didn't want to go to this." The president says as he pulls out a gun.

    "No!" Zach screams and he starts running towards the president. But it's too late. I hear a click, and then a booming sound. My shoulder stings. This is the worst pain I experienced in my life! I start to scream. More tears stream down my face. I feel warm and look at my shoulder. Blood is pooling around me. Is this it? Is it over? I look over at Zach. He has the president on the ground. He is holding the gun facing him.

    "It's over." Zach says. He pulls the trigger and I hear another gun shot. The president screams. He hit him in the chest. Blood pools around the president and his eyes roll to the back of his head. He lays still. Jonathan screams. Malena is still on the ground crying. Police officers start coming in the room.

Zach comes over to me. He kisses me. I kiss him back. "I love you." He says. Before I can say it back, everything went black.

~Authors note~
Feels! Sorry for the feel attack! Don't worry every thing will work out ok! Maybe... Well anyway, I'll update soon! I'm having a fun time writing and even more people read my book yay!

See ya in chapter 12

Peace! ✌🏼️