Chapter 12

~Zach Pov~
I watch as Alex's eyes close and her body slumps in my arms. Is she... No. No she can't be! Police officers were rushing in the room.

"You shot the president!" One police officer yelled.

"That's because he... He is the one who made the disease! And he had the cure too!" I said.

"You are going to jail." The officer said as he handcuffed me.

"No! You need to help her! The president shot her!" I scream.

"You shut up, let's go." The officer said. I watch as other police officers pick up Alex. At least they are helping her. I think. She might make it.

The police officer drags me out of the White House, and to his police car. Then we drive away.

********************************

Now I'm in a jail cell. I need to find out where Alex is.

"You get one phone call." The police officer says.

Who should I call. My mom is dead. My dad is probably dead. Who else do I know?

"I don't have anyone to call." I say

"Oh well." The police officer says.

I don't like this police officer's attitude. I am so close to just punching him in the face.

"Why don't you believe me!? The president is bad! He made the disease! He shot my girlfriend!" I scream.

"Fine, we can go check the cameras." He says.

********************************

We arrive in a room at the White House with tons of screens. This must be the camera room. We go to one screen that is the president's office. The police officer zooms back to when we came in. It has sound too. It shows how the president says he made the disease. It shows how he shot Alex.

"I'm sorry, I didn't believe you." The officer says. "Thank you for finding out the president did this."

    "It was all Alex." I say. Then I think of her. Her beautiful green eyes, her full lips, her hair, so beautiful. What did I do to deserve her? "I need to go see her."

    "She has been taken to the hospital. You are free to go. Me and my crew will find the cure and figure out a way to help everyone." The officer says.

    "Thank you." I say.

********************************

    I finally arrive at the hospital. I had to take a bus there.

    "How can I help you?" The secretary at the front desk asks.

    "Can you tell me what room Alex Martin is in?" I ask.

"Room sixty-seven." She says.

"Thank you." I say.

I walk into the elevator and press the button for the right floor. I wait anxiously as the elevator slowly goes up. Finally I hear a ding. The elevator stops and the door opens. I run out the door, pushing my way through the line of people waiting to get on the elevator. I run across the halls until I reach room sixty-seven. I knock on the door.

"Come in." Says a voice. I recognize that voice, it's my Alex! I burst through the door and see her. She is pale, probably from blood loss, she has huge circles under her eyes, she has a patch on her shoulder, she has tubes attached to arms, and her hair is cut short. But she is still beautiful. She will always be.

"Alex I'm so glad your ok!" I say. I run up to her and hug her. She starts kissing me, I kiss her back. We both start crying. She is ok. I can't believe she is ok.

I explained to her everything that has happened. That everything is ok, how the police officer finally believed me, and they are going to use the cure to help everyone.

"That's wonderful!" She exclaims. "Thank you."

"It was all you." I say.

"No, you helped. We did it together. Thank you for coming with me." She says. "I love you."

"I love you too."

~Authors note~
Ahhh! Feels! I'm so happy they are together again! I am writing so fast how many updates did I do today? Three chapters? Ha! I just love writing so much and I appreciate that you all read my book and comment. Please share with your friends! I'll update soon!

Peace! ✌🏼️