Chapter 25

Alexia's Pov
I stand on my porch on the side of my apartment, looking at the beautiful full moon and stars. I stare at the empty road, no people in sight. That's strange, the city is usually a little busy, even at night.

I think nothing of it and enjoy the silence. It is rare that it is this quiet. I wish it could be like this everyday. I sigh as my long hair falls off my shoulder, hanging off the edge of the porch. I have been growing it out since I left the hospital.

My daydreams get interrupted by a loud noise coming from the ladders that connect our porches, in case of an emergency exit. Scared, I run in my house and lock the glass door.

I stay there for a while, with the blinds closed, minding my business. It has been long since the noises, so I decide it is safe to go back outside. I can't miss a night like this.

I move the curtains and open the glass door. I walk outside on my porch and stare at the moon again. The apple that I brought outside rests on my hand, I take a bite.

"What a beautiful night." I say out loud to myself.

I hear the noise again, but think nothing of it. It must be... A bird, or something. Still, I start to sweat of nervousness.

Suddenly, someone crawls on my porch. I start to scream and run inside, but before I can open the door, the man grabs my hand. I start to panic, as I take my free hand to stick my fingers in his eyeballs. That's what Janine said to do if someone tried to kidnap me. Just stick your nails in his eyes and push.

But I panic too much, and miss. My nails scratch his cheek and draw blood. I hear him gasp, and he pulls down his hood.

I gasp, when I see who it is. It's Zach.

"What are you doing here!?" I scream at him. "How did you find me!?"

"I just love you too much to just leave you and forget about you." He says.

"You are the one who left me!"

"I made a mistake, and I'm sorry. Just please come with me. We could have a new life, a new world."

"No!" I scream.

Zach tightens his hand around my wrist and throws his lips against mine. I try to fight back, but he doesn't let me go. I have no choice, so I bite his tongue. I taste blood.

"Owwww!" Zach lets me go.

I quickly run in my house and lock the door. I watch and Zach pounds on the door, he is so pathetic. What he doesn't know is that I am going to call the police.

I pick up my phone, making sure Zach doesn't see me. I dial 911.

"This is 911, what is your emergency."

"Hello, my ex is standing on my porch, trying to break in my apartment."

"We are coming."

"Thank you."

I put down my phone and watch Zach continue to bang on the door, trying to get in. I start to worry he is going to break down the door, so I pace around the room, waiting for the police.

Soon, I hear sirens. I start to grow hopeful that they will get here before Zach gets in my house.

I see lights glowing on Zach's face, knowing the police cars just arrived. I hear more noise, and see the police men knock over Zach and bring him down. One guy knocks on my door. I let him in.

"Are you ok?" He asks.

"Yes." I say. I tell him everything that has happened.

"Well, he must be desperate." The police man says, laughing. I laugh too. "We will have him taken care of."

"Thank you." I say.

"No problem. We may want to see you soon again, so can I have your number?"

I give the man my number and he joins the other police men, and they drive away.

I have trouble sleeping that night, I don't fall asleep until three o'clock.

********************************

The next morning, when I get to work, Janine runs up to me as soon as she sees me.

"Oh my gosh are you ok!?" She asks me nervously.

"I'm fine! I'm fine! What is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you!? Your ex literally climbed up to your apartment and almost kidnapped you!"

"How do you know that!?"

"Oh, don't you know? It's on the news."

"What!?"

"Let me show you."

Janine turns on the tv that's on the counter and changes it to the news. I see Zach,  surrounded by a bunch of police.

"Why did you break into your ex's house?" A reporter asks him.

"Because I love her."

I gasp when he says this.

"It doesn't seem like she loves you back, hmm?"

Zach pauses.

The reporter continues. "She scratched your face, and called the police on you. Do you think she is worth fighting for?"

"She always will be." Zach says confidently. "She is my muffin, and she always will be."

I start to sweat.

"Muffin?" Janine asks.

I ignore her and focus back to the tv.

The reporter laughs and continues. "Well snap to reality, buddy. Because you will never see your 'muffin' ever again. You are under arrest."

All of the surrounding police laugh.

"We'll see about that." Zach says, right before the screen changes to another news story.

"Well, you see now?" Janine asks.

"Oh, oh I see."