28.

Kevin and Lark took Lance to the hospital while Vienna stayed behind to help out with Mr. and Mrs. Princeton. "Mom. Mom, please, wake up!"

          Vienna said, "Please, wake up, Mr. Princeton!"

          When they woke up, they found themselves in the basement, confused and Mr. Princeton said, "Thanks, Vienna. Anais, is your party over?"

          She says, "Yeah, but that's not important. Are you guys okay?"

          Mrs. Princeton says, "Yeah, I was just scared for my life when that girl came and we were tied up. Next thing you know, she shot that boy."

          "What did she say?"

          "I don't remember much but what really got me was when she said, 'If you tell, you'd be dead.'"

          Vienna started shaking her head and said, "Un-freakin-believeable. You two could've been killed!"

          Meanwhile, at the hospital, Lance has a bullet wound in his knee and is still in a ton of pain.

          He said, "What did I do now to get shot?"

          Kevin said, "Brittany's a psychopath, that's why."

          "I went downstairs to help Anais get something when I saw Brittany with Veronica and some red-haired guy that's in his twenties or something and Anais' parents all tied up. Now, Anais goes, 'The fuck are you doing here, Jendayo?' She's like, 'I'm staying here and obviously, your parents don't mind.' Anais is all, 'Bitch, I know you better untie my parents!' Brittany, next thing you know, shoots the gun pointing to Anais, but I was the one that got shot. There was more to the story than that, but I'm too pissed off to say anything about it. Lark, listen to me: that chick could be anywhere right now, so I suggest that you be careful when you're going home, okay?"

          "Okay", said Lark.

          "Plus, you should take Kevin with you, if it's okay with him."

          Kevin goes, "My dad said that it was okay for today."

          "Cool. So let me know when you guys get to your place safe, okay?"

          Lark says, "A'ight. And Lance, I called your parents and told them that you were here and got hurt. They said that they were on their way here."

          "Thanks, Lark."

          By the time Lark went home with Kevin, she found the door swing wide open when she touched it. They both went inside to find complete darkness. When she hit the lights, the house looked as if a tornado hit the place. The stairway had cuts on it, tables turned upside-down, everything was thrown all over the place. Mr. Marone was found on the staircase, bruised up. Kevin said, "Mr. Roger, are you okay?"

          He said, "I'm fine, just a little bruised up."

          "Where's Mom", asked Lark.

          "She left to get help, she'll be back soon."

          "Who did this to you?"

          "Some girl you probably know."

          Kevin asked, "Can you describe her, please?"

          "Uhm, short black hair with these horrifying boils on her face. She's tan but discolored and has two people with her. One of the people has reddish-brown hair and might be in his twenties."