The Date

(August POV)

I had just got everything packed and ready for my date with Zoey tonight. I’m taking her to this lake that I saw two towns over. It's great because one knows us there. It just so happens that the people of the town are doing fireworks tonight. I'm meeting Zoey in four hours.

I walked down the stairs to see my mom and dad sitting in the living room. The house has been really quiet and awkward since dad came home drunk. dad sleeps in the guest room, mom doesn’t talk to him. Merek is never home anymore. I stay in my room as much as possible. When mom wants to talk to me, we go out for walks or out to the store or something like that. Honestly I like it, its quiet and I don’t have to deal with Merek.

-A few hours later-

Dad and Merek left for Gold Rush like they do every Thursday. Dad wanted me to go, but I told him I didn’t want to go. He knows I’m not happy with him so he hasn’t talked to me much or tried getting me to go to Gold Rush. I walked down stairs with a picnic basket full of food, and drinks. And a backpack with a blanket and a few other things for our date.

"I’m leaving for my date with Zoey." I told my mom

"Ok sweetie, have fun. And try to be back before your father get's back." mom said

"I will try mom." I said as I kissed her cheek then walked out the door and to my truck. I drove to mine and Zoey's meeting spot. I saw her in Leather pant's, a leather Jacket, and her leather riding boots, Her long red hair was curled.

(Zoey's POV)

I woke up smiling, it is finally Thursday. I got a text from nixie, it said

'Hey, what are you doing tonight? Want to go to a movie?'

I texted back 'Sorry, i have plans with the family'

'Ok, next week then.' she said

'Yeah' I said back as I put my phone down. Nat walked into my room.

"Hey can you drive me to Kevin's?" he asked

"Yeah just let me get dressed." I said "Has mom and dad already left?''

''Yeah, they left early this morning. That's why I asked you to drive me." he said as he walked out of my room. I went to my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I pulled my hair in to a pony tail and grabbed my shoes, and my stuff for my bike.

"Nat, lets go." I said

"I'm coming, one second. I have to grab a few more things." He said

"Okay, meet me at my bike." I said as I walked out the door, and to the garage where my bike is.

He walked slowly behind me. We put our helmets on, and drove to Kevin's house. Nathaniel got off the bike and said "have a fun weekend, and have fun at work."