Surprise

*August POV*

It's been a week since I talked to Vincent about marrying Zoey. While she is at work I decided to call my mom. I need to tell her about my plan to propose to Zoey.

I dialed the phone, my mom answered "hello"

"Hey mom" I said

"Hey honey, what's up?"

"I have to ask you something. How would you feel if I asked Zoey to marry me?" She sat there quiet for a little while "mom?"

"I'm fine honey. I think it's a wonderful idea. Do you have any idea what type of ring you are going to get her?"

"Her favorite color is red so maybe a silver band and ruby's on it. I'm going shopping later for a ring. She has to work late today and this is the only time I can go."

"Okay honey, send me a picture of it when you pick one."

"I will mom, thank you for your blessing also."

"Your welcome honey. Have you talked to her parents yet?"

"Her dad was still pissed at her for being with me in secret, after he found out we left and moved in with together he completely disowned her. And I'm not sure about her mother."

"We'll hopefully they come around soon."

"Yeah hopefully. Hey I need to go to the jewelers."

"Good luck August. I will talk to you later"

"Thanks mom, bye"

"Bye honey" she said then hung up

I got ready and drove to the Jewelers. When I got there someone asked me what I was looking for. I told them I was looking for a silver band with ruby's.

They pulled a few rings out of the display case. One had a plain silver band and one big ruby in the middle then two smaller ruby's on the side. The next ring had a silver band a big square ruby on it and a few diamonds around it.

The last one they showed me was perfect it was a irregular band with two red ruby hearts. And a few little diamonds by the hearts. The ring is absolutely perfect. Zoey would love this because its different, just like her.

I took a picture of the ring I was getting Zoey and sent it to my mom. They found the size I needed and then I paid for the ring. They wrapped it up and gave me the papers for it.

I left and drove home. I have to hide the ring so she won't find it. So I hid it in my part of our closet. She would never find it there.

I got a text back from my mom she said 'its beautiful honey.'

I text back 'thanks'

*Zoey's POV*

Today was going to be a long day at work. I work at the Hot Topic store in the mall to the town next to Amador City. This job is definitely different from working at the Bar. But I also like this job, I get to work with people that are like me. And the customers are also really cool. Today was the day that the Last My Chemical Romance CD May Death Never Stop You came out so we decided to listen to that all day. Me and my co worker Mark were singing and dancing around to the song 'I'm Not Okay - I Promise' at the check out counter.

A costumer walked in and I thought he looked familiar from behind. I walked up to him and asked if he needed any help. He turned around and said "I'm looking for someone, do you think you can help me find her?" He asked

It was Tyler. I said "TYLER! What are you doing here?"

"Thought I would come do some shopping and hang out with you."

"We'll I go to lunch in 15 minutes so if you want to hang out and shop for a little while, you can."

"Awesome" he said as I walked back to the counter

(15 minutes later)

Tyler and I decided to the food court for lunch. I got calzone from the pizza place and Tyler got a chicken sandwich from the sandwich place. We sat down eating

"So what do I owe this big surprise of a visit?" I asked Tyler

"What I just can't come and visit my best friend?" He asked

"You drove a few hours to see me at work."

"Yeah and I missed you."

"So how is everything going down there?"

"Mostly still the same as before. Your mom really misses you. She was thinking about coming and visiting you one of these days."

"She's welcome to any time.

We sat there talking for a half hour, then I had to go back to work. So Tyler went home.

----------------------------------------

(A/N: This one is just like the rest. If you comment first, I will dedicate the next chapter to you. And tell me what you like or don't like about it. photo is of Tyler Mite.)