Dinner Conversations

*Zoey's POV*

It's September twenty fourth, I have to go pick up Nixon from the airport in a hour. I sat on my bed thinking about everything that needs to be done for my birthday party.

We still have to finish our waltz lessons, we have to go costume shopping still. I have to call Sammi Doll and ask her to do our hair, makeup and some of the photography for the party. We have to get all of the decorations finished, and set up. Dad has already set up security in case anything happens. So much to do in twenty six days.

It's been a hour so I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

"Mom can I barrow the Duran-go. My bike won't fit Nixon, me, and all of his stuff." I asked my mom

"Sure honey. Keys are on the hook in the garage." Mom said

"Thanks mom, be back soon." I said as I went to the garage to grab her keys. I got in her car and drove to the airport. Nix one flight was late, big shock. Twenty minutes later I saw Nixon coming down the escalators to baggage claim.

"Zoey!" He screamed

"Nixon!" I screamed back as I ran to hug him "how was you're flight?"

"Long and boring. But I did get sleep."

"Well that's good. Lets get you're bags and then see what you want to do."

''Sounds like a plan." Nixon said as we found his bags and went to the car.

"So do you want to go to the house first or see some sites and get something to eat?" I asked Nixon

"How about we go back to the house and all of us can go to dinner after. You're friends can come too." He said

"Sounds like a good plan." I said as I drove home.

I think Nixon was afraid of my driving. Hew isn’t used to the driving styles here in California. Florida and California are very different from each other. California drivers drive really fast, and somewhat recluse. Florida drivers drive slow and careful

"I’m not gonna kill you. Don’t worry." I said

"I know, just a little tense being in a car after my accident last year."

-Zoey tells reader

Nixon was in a car accident last year. He was driving with a friend of his. It was late at night. A drunk driver who was two sheets to the wind and 10 points over the legal drinking limit smashed into the side of his car. Nixon’s car was pushed down a ravine and into a tree. Nixon had a concussion, a few broken bones and was in a coma for a few weeks. His friend had major injuries. A huge concussion, a few broken vertebra's, he is now paralyzed from the waist down, he was in a coma for almost two months. The driver died on impact before their car rolled down the ravine.

Done telling reader-

"I will slow down then." I said

"Okay" he said as he calmed down a little

A few minutes later we pulled into the driveway. We walked up the walk way and I opened the door.

"Were home." I said as my whole family walked into the room. Mom came down stairs, dad and Nathaniel Jr came in from the living room.

"Nixon, So glad you made it. How are you doing?" asked my mom