A Night Cap

*Zoey's POV*

My family all left to go on a business conference/ vacation for the night. I stayed home to finish some party plans. I have to email Sammi.

'Hey Sammi, it's Zoey. I was wondering what you were doing on October 20th. We're having my 20th birthday party. And I was wondering if you could do my birthday courts/ mines makeup and hair, and also do some of the photography.'

A few minutes later I got a email from Sammi. It said

'I would love to do the hair and makeup for you and you're court, and take photos for the party. What is the criteria for the party!'

I sent back

'Its a masquerade costume party. Me and my court are doing the Waltz in renaissance outfits, then after that we are gonna change into our other costumes. We're gonna leave the hair and make up all to you.'

'Awesome I can't wait. I will send all of the final details to your dads email.' She replied back

'Okay, sounds like a plan. See you on the 20th.' I replied back

I still have a few hours until August comes over. I can't believe me and August get to spend the whole night together.

A few hours later I heard the back door bell ring. I went down stairs to the back door. I opened it to see a very handsome August standing at my door step.

"We'll well I never expected to see you at my door step." I said laughing

He grabbed me by the waist and picked me up hugging me while twirling me around.

"I missed you so much Zoey." He said

"I missed you too baby." I said as I kissed his cheek.

He put me down and grabbed my hands then kissed them. "I love you Zoey." He said

"I love you too August." I said as we walked to the living room. We sat down in the couch. We sat there talking awhile about what's been going on since we last saw each other.

"What did you want to talk about before my party Hun?" I asked August

"Huh? Ohh yeah. I have some bad news that could ruin you're birthday party and possibly hurt you." He said

"What do you mean?"

"The day we all revived our invites Meridia called a meeting at her house. She wants revenge on you for a reason that we don't know. She tried getting all of my friends in on it. I managed to change Austin's and Haven's minds. Declan is still helping her."

"What is her plan?" I asked not knowing what to say. I can't think of any reason Meridia would want to hurt me.

"They are going to wait till you are by yourself. They are going to pull you into a open room, then are gonna tie you up and take you to a different location. Then hold you for ransom. But Meridia might have changed her plan since everyone knows about it." I was speechless "Zoey I will not let anything happen to you. I promise, Vincent and Beyond Jack are gonna watch out for them, also so are Haven and Austin. Plus the club has security and I have a feeling that you're dad hired extra people for the party. I will be keeping a close eye on you all night. You have nothing to worry about, I promise." He said as he hugged me. I hugged him back and didn't say anything.

"What are you thinking my love?" He asked me

"I'm trying to think of a reason Meridia would want to hurt me. But I can't think of anything." I said

"I don't know, we will figure out something. Hey how about we watch a movie to get our minds off of this?"

"Sure, lets watch kick-ass 2. We just bought it and I want to watch it."