chapter 7

*August POV*

I woke up the next morning. I have to deliver my note to Zoey. Her party is 17 days away. I have to tell her about Meridia's plan, and I really need to see her. I ripped the note out of my notebook and put it in my pants pocket. I grabbed a shirt and put it on. I then heard my mom down stairs. So I went down stairs. Mom was starting to set up all of the indoor Halloween decorations.

She noticed me and said "Hey honey, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I got in late last night. Is Merek home?"

"No he stayed at a friends house. Dad is gone also."

"Good. I got dirt on dad and Merek. The girl we saw at the gym was at Gold Rush last night. She was all over dad. And Merek's mystery girl is the same girl I caught him with back a few weeks ago. I think they are mother and daughter. They hugged and kissed each others cheeks." I said

"What you caught Merek with a girl and you didn't tell me."

"A few weeks ago when we were all going to Gold Rush we drove in my car. Well when I went to get him I walked in on him and a girl having sex. The girl is older maybe a year or two younger then me. I yelled at her to stay away from the house and Merek. Merek wouldn't listen to me on the way to Gold Rush. I told him I wouldn't tell you guys as long as he stayed away from her. obviously he didn't listen to me."

"So your father knows about Merek being with a older girl. He also is cheating on me and allowing Merek to do things behind my back."

"I guess so. I can bet Merek didn't stay at a friends house and dad isn't sleeping at Gold Rush. They stayed at the cheaters house."

"Most likely."

"Hey, I need to deliver a note to Zoey. I will be back later."

"okay honey, be safe."

"I will" I said as I walked out the door and two the woods. I walked to Zoey's house with my headphones in. When I walked out of the woods I looked and saw that no one was at her house so I walked over to Zoey's balcony and placed the note in our special spot. Then I saw a few cars pull into the driveway. It looked like Zoey's family's car's. I ran to the woods then kept running so no one would see me.

When I got home I saw that my moms car was gone. I walked in and sat on the couch to watch TV. A hour later I hear a knock on the door. I got up to answer the door. It's Meridia

"Hey Meridia, what's up?" i asked

"we need to talk." she said

"Okay, what about?"

"I heard Austin came over here. The same day you all came to my house."

"yeah he did"

"Did he tell you what my plan is?"

"Yeah"

"DAMN HIM! YOU BETTER NOT INTERVINE AUGUST. I WILL SLIT YOUR THROAT. I ALREADY KNOW YOU CHANGED AUSTIN'S AND HAVEN'S MIND. YOU WILL NOT RUIN THIS FOR ME. DECLAN AND I HAD TO CHANGE EVERYTHING UP." she yelled

"Well then. Are you don't yelling? If so you can leave my house now." I said in a calm voice

She looked at me with a blank face. She smacked my face and walked out the door.

I said "That's what I thought." as she slammed the door

I sat back on the couch thinking to myself 'What in the hell was that. How dare she do that. I really need to talk to Zoey soon. Hopefully she writes back soon. I need to tell her everything that is going on with Meridia.'