Chapter IV - Commence The Texting

(A/N- I posted 2 chapters today -3 and 4- because the chapters are still very short.  Hope you enjoy!  Feel free to comment or vote!)

It was a typical Monday.  I dropped Ava Belle off at her school and made my way to work.  I had plans with Louis, Liam and Zayn for lunch.  It was a ritual that once a week we meet up for lunch.  However, because of our busy schedules, this was the first lunch we have had in a few weeks.  I introduced Louis to Liam and Zayn about six months ago and they became fast friends which I was pleased about. 

“So Niall.” Louis began. “You made quite the impression on Harry.  He keeps asking me about you.”

I smiled at the thought.  I have been thinking about him too.

“Who’s Harry?” Liam and Zayn said simultaneously.

“My best friend Harry.  We have been friends since we were little and they met while Niall was waiting for Ava Belle to finish drama class and Harry was waiting for me.”

“That’s great Niall” Liam said.  “You should ask him out on a date.”

“I’m sure he is too busy to date, Liam.” I replied

“Why?  Is he some kind of doctor or lawyer with busy hours?” Zayn asked

“No.  What our dear friend Louis forgot to mention is that it is Harry Styles we are talking about.  You know the famous singer Harry Styles.”  I said

Liam and Zayn looked back and forth between me and Louis before Zayn broke the silence.

“You mean to tell me that Harry Styles is your best friend and that he was attracted to Niall.”

“Niall that’s great!” Liam said.  “Louis can tell Harry how amazing you are and can set you guys up on a date; when he has a break in his schedule that is.” He continued.

“Liam is right Niall” Louis said placing his hand on my arm.  “Harry doesn’t work all the time.  He does get days off and I know he is in France right now doing a few shows but he will be back in a week and he did ask me to ask you for your number.”

I looked at Louis, smiled and nodding.  Giving him permission to give my number to Harry.  This could be exciting.  A date with an amazing guy who also just happens to be a famous musician.  But that may be a bit difficult.  I start doubting the whole idea.  I don’t think I will like dating someone who is always traveling.  What kind of relationship will that make?  No time to really be together to get to know one another.  I don’t want to know pop star Harry Styles.  I want to know Harry, childhood friend of Louis.

Louis spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“I see that you are doing that over thinking thing again.  You are trying to talk yourself out of it Niall.  Stop it right now.  He is a really great guy and I think that you two would get along quite well.”

“Yeah, you know me too well.  I was doubting the entire thing.  It’s just kind of nerve racking.  The whole dating thing.”

“Ava Belle absolutely loved him.  And he is wrapped around her beautiful finger, like us all.  He couldn’t stop saying how adorable she was and that she was probably the most amazing little girl he has ever come across.”  Louis said with a huge smile on his face knowing that my weakness is anyone who adores my daughter.

“He was really great with her wasn’t he?” I replied

“Ok.  It’s fine.  You can give him my number.  We will see how it goes from there.”

We continued on with random conversation while finishing our lunch.

It was now 5pm and my work day has ended.  I left to go pick my Ladybug up from after-school care.  Luckily her school offers parents the option to have their children to stay at school until 6pm.  Long enough for parents to get out of work and pick them up.  The children played games or did homework or read in the library.  The cost per week was minimal and Ava Belle loved the extra time she got to spend with some of her friends.