Chapter XXVIII - The Return

(A/N - I just wanted to say a sincere thank you to everyone who is reading this.  It means so much!!  Thanks you for the lovely comments and the votes.  I very much appreciate that you are enjoying my story and I love reading the comments!  They make me smile!!  Enough with the mushy......Enjoy chapter 28, darlings and chapter 29 will be uploaded in a few minutes!!  xoxo)

~~~~~~~~

February went by in a daze.  The first few weeks after the break Harry sent little presents and flowers to both Ava and I about two or three times a week.  On Valentine’s Day we both got very large bouquets, with chocolates and Ava got a platinum necklace with a Ladybug charm on it.  The pictures of us were still up.  I couldn’t bring myself to take them down.  I had the conversation with Ava that Harry and I weren’t boyfriends anymore but she said that he will be back in a few days. 

The beginning of March brought the last gift from Harry.  He had sent a copy of his new album along with flowers.  I couldn’t bring myself to listen to the cd, knowing I would be hurt when I heard the songs he wrote for me.  But Ava obviously doesn’t know about my pain, nor would I ever want her to, so she listens to the cd in her playroom, loud and on repeat.

Around that time pictures and reports of him dating that model and other models began.  It seemed like every time I turned around, there was a picture of him with his arms around some new girl.  I tried to shield Ava from seeing those pictures but when she would see one I would always tell her it was one of Harry’s friends.  She would ask why she hasn’t seen Harry in a long time to which I would reply that he was very busy and was going to be leaving on tour soon.

The middle of March brought Rachel; on my doorstep.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I took notice of the two suitcases that sat next to her feet.

“You certainly aren’t staying here.” I stated

“I have nowhere else to go, Niall.” She pleaded.  I contemplated on what to do for a few minutes.  I couldn’t just put her out on the street.  I’m not heartless.  Thankfully it was Saturday and Ava was in drama class and now after drama class she had piano lessons.

“I’ll put you up in a hotel for a couple weeks, Rachel, but you have to find your own place and a job.”

She wraps hers arms around me and kisses my neck.

“Thank you, Niall.” She whispers into my ear and traces her lips over it.

I gently push her away not wanting the attention.  We get into my car and I bring her into London and put her up in a suite in the Hilton.  I know I may have gone over and beyond, but she is the mother of my child and I can certainly afford it.

While we were checking in, I noticed some paps snapping pictures of us.  I see that she notices and fixes and flips her hair and places her hand on the small of my back and begins rubbing up and down.  I step away subtly and continue making the reservation at the desk. 

For some reason, even though I am no longer with Harry, Ava and I are still a hot commodity when it comes to the reporters and press.  I guess because I was Harry’s first gay relationship and I had a child, they still have interest.  I don’t know.  Ava and I don’t really notice them around much for the most part.

I pay for the suite for a month.  That should give her plenty of time to find a job and her own flat.  I pick up her suitcases and we walk towards the lift.  She locks her arm in mine and I can’t do anything but roll my eyes.

She is unpacking and I am waiting for her to sit down so we can have a conversation.  Finally after she puts her last item away, she takes a seat next to me on the couch.  She tries to cuddle up into me, but I move away from her.  She chuckles at this.