Chapter XXXV - We've Done This Before

(A/N - So....tear......this is the second to last chapter.  I am still undecided if I want to do an epilogue or not.  I have a little something written down, but I might decided to do a sequel.  Who the heck knows..certainly not me right now.  I hope you enjoy chapter 35, Lovelies!!  I'll post chapter 36 tomorrow!!  xoxo!!)

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the day after my party and to say I am confused and overwhelmed is an understatement.  Chris dropped me off last night and I knew he wanted to come in, but I certainly am not ready to allow all the things that could possibly happen if he were to come in.

He had no clue what took place between Harry and I last night.  He does know that Harry and I use to date; he is after all an entertainment lawyer.  He seems to be a bit insecure by it as well, but he is trying to hide it.  My mother certainly didn’t make it any easier on him either.  Our conversations with her had a great deal of mentions of Harry. 

I know what everyone wants.  I know they want to see Harry and me together again, but it’s not that easy.  I can’t trust that he won’t run away again.  And I guess until I see that, I can’t allow myself to give in to him.  I can understand that he is scared of messing up at being a parent.  Hell I’m still scared and I’ve been doing it for eight years now, but that is still no excuse for what he has done.

Chris is a really great guy.  The type of guy I could really fall for.  But I should know without a doubt that I am fully over Harry before I fully commit to Chris.  I know he wanted to ask me to be his boyfriend last night, but every time the conversation seemed like it was going in that direction, I switched the topic or excused myself to the bathroom.  I know I’m not fully over Harry.  I need to be honest with Chris because he does deserve it.

Ava and I spent the rest of Sunday with my mum.  We watched movies, went to the park, had a lovely dinner and helped her pack.  She was leaving tomorrow morning to go back to Ireland.  After we put Ava to bed my mother and I talked.

“I want you and Ava to be happy, Sunshine.”

“I can be happy with Chris.” I replied.

“Niall, you could be happy with anyone.  You were happy with Rachel at one point.  But that doesn’t mean you should be with him.  Harry is the one for you sweetheart.”

“I don’t trust him not to leave me again once I decide to be with him again.”

“I know its scary honey.  But you have to take the chance.  He seems very willing to prove it to you.”

“He has said that before mum.  He told me he would wait, he told me he would do anything, but not even a week later he was out with someone else.  How do I know that won’t happen again?”

“You don’t.  But is Harry worth the risk?  You have to ask yourself that.  You have to sit down and really think about everything that you have had with Harry and everything you could have with him and decide what you really want.”

The next morning after I dropped Ava off at school, I brought my mum to the airport.