Chapter XII - Happy Birthday

(A/N - So chapters 11 and 12 posted.  This chapter will not have a dedication...because there is smut at the end.  I hope you enjoy!!!)

~~~~~~~

We arrived to the art center at about nine.   Unfortunately because there would be quite a few people inside, Harry and I couldn’t walk in together.  We already decided that the night would be spent with everyone believing that Harry and I met only a couple times and we were just acquaintances because of Louis and Louis was the one who invited him to the party.  So I went in through the front and Harry would wait about fifteen minutes before coming in himself.

In the conference room was a large banner that read ‘Happy Birthday Niall’.  There were strings of lights, illuminating the room, a dance floor in the middle, circular tables surrounding the dance floor and a DJ currently playing music in the corner next to the food, which was buffet style.  It was perfect!

Louis, Michael, Liam and Zayn came up to me first, saying happy birthday and asking what I thought of the place.  Of course I told them they all did an amazing job and hugged them each.  I made my way around the room saying hello to the people in attendance.  Most of them co-workers and some other people I have met through Liam, Zayn and Louis.  Liam directed me to our table at the front of the room.  Each table sat six.  Louis, Michael, Zayn, Liam, me and the seat in between Louis and I was empty.  I raised my eyebrow and shot him a quizzical look.

He leaned in and said “For Harry, of course.  Where is he by the way?  He was supposed to pick you up!  I will kill him if he didn’t show!”

“No, he picked me up.  We just decided that, with all these people, it would be better if he came in separately and we have a story that we are just acquaintances and met a couple times because of you.  He should be coming in shortly.” I replied

“Ok….oh, there he is actually.” Louis said looking at the entrance of the room.

I noticed as Harry made his way to our table people were taken aback.  They certainly didn’t expect the Harry Styles to be coming to my birthday.  Some people, mostly females, ran over to him saying hello and other things like ‘I love you’, ‘I love your music’, ‘can I have a hug’ and so on.  Harry was polite with all of them and finally arrived and took his seat next to me.  

He said hello to each of us at the table and then while having a conversation with Louis and Michael, his hand found my thigh under the table cloth so that no one would notice.  He rubbed and gently squeezed all up my thigh without even breaking conversation.  I shuffled a bit because I was getting slightly excited and red.  Liam and Zayn shot me confused looks but realized what must have been taking place once Harry’s hand joined his other on the table.  Harry then looked at me and smiled.

After everyone had had their fill of food, there was some dancing, mingling and of course drinking.  I however only had one drink, knowing that I had to go back home to Ava Belle and didn’t want to be under any kind of influence in case she needed her daddy in the middle of the night.

Louis went up to the DJ booth and started speaking into the mic to get everyone’s attention.

“Hello everyone!  Thank you so much for coming to celebrate Niall’s birthday with us.  For those who don’t know, I’m Louis.  One of Niall’s best friends, I hope.” He said and looked at me with a smirk.  People laughed and I nodded my head yes in reply.

“So, we will be bringing in the cake shortly but first I have a surprise for Niall and well for all of you.  Harry, could you please come up here?”  I looked at Harry and he smiled knowingly and made his way up to Louis.

“I know some of you are wondering why multi-platinum recording artist, Harry Styles would be here.  What kind of connections does Niall have?” He joked, receiving laughs from some of the people.  “Well Harry and I have been best friends since we were in diapers and he agreed to come and sing a few songs in honor of Niall’s birthday.”  Everyone cheered and Louis handed the mic to Harry.