Eight

October 15th

Yesterday was the best Sunday i ever had. Due to constant hunger for food, i was brought to certain places that served mouth watering good meals. From breakfast to brunch. Then lunch, to tea time. Dinner to supper.
Hyo Rin and i spent the whole day eating and only stopped by at her place for supper, followed by some beer, of course. Sooner or later, drinking beer would be my new found habit at night but it must be with Hyo Rin. Entertaining and lively, as always. She showed no sign of awkwardness even though a few nights ago i touched her chest. "I thought you said you have no interest of settling down, why did you agree to come for the blind date this morning?" she asked as we sat down on the rug, eating our red bean porridge that was bought from a famous eatery nearby.
"I didnt know until i got there. I was surprised myself," i told her and Jung Nam had been trying to call me the whole day but i didnt answer any of it. Text messages kept coming in and it was a good thing that my phone was still in a vibrate mode.
"Are you going to date her?" She asked again.
"I trust your judgement," i said and she was surprised.
"Why?"
"I have come up with a plan. Will you come with me tomorrow night?" I asked. Yes. Yes. Say yes.
"Where to?"
"I'll be attending a gathering with a few acquaintances with a friend of mine," i said
"You want me to tell you what do i think of the ladies?" She said, reading my mind well,"Okay. What time?"
"9.30 ish. I'll text you where," i said to her,"I dont know why but i could use your judgement on this one."
She laughed heartily and we spent the rest of the night talking and laughing. Even though there were the same lame jokes but it seemed to be funnier when she laughed it.
It was around 1.30 a.m. when the both of us were starting to feel hungry once again. Too tipsy to cook, we took the risk of going out for late night supper. Hand in hand, the both of us had some trouble walking in a straight line, bumping onto several passersby along the way. Hyo Rin apologizing all the way until we reached a 24 hour eatery.
"I wont be having a terrible hangover tomorrow, thanks you," She said, munching on her spicy beef noodle soup.
"Its good, isnt it?" I agreed,"They're the best."
"Indeed," she said, nodding in agreement,"How about we drink some more? Eh?"
What? Hell. And she really mean it. She ordered a slightly stronger than beer and that was soju. I almost barfed out the supper that i just had when i saw at least not least than 6 bottles were delivered to our table. She guffawed when she saw my reaction and i mustve look horrified by the prospect of drinking again.
"Im sure you'll be fine," she said reassuringly. I doubt that i thought.
"Its you that im worried of. You told me before that if you drink in public places you wont be able to control yourself," I said,"May i ask what were you referring to?"
I answered my own question soon after. I didnt drink as much as i drink beer, and not because of the soju but when Hyo Rin seemed to be giggling a bit too much. I had no choice but to bring her home, which was hard. She hardly could walk on her own and i was tipsy on my own. I called my P.A and luckily, he was still awake. 3.40a.m.
I passed out almost immediately when my P.A had arrived.
I only woke up when i suddenly felt a little too comfortable. I turned in my bed, and to my surprised, i was face to face with Hyo Rin who was apparently in a deep sleep.
I took me awhile to recall back what had happened and then, i realised that we were in my bed. Damn. My P.A must had brought Hyo Rin and I here when we both passed out in the car.
Miraculously, i slept with a woman in the same bed and the both of us still had our clothes on.
The distinct smell of beer and soju were almost unbearable and even my breath smelt bad.
I had my shower and went over to the kitchen where my housekeeper had already prepared breakfast, for two. My P.A arrived several minutes later.
"Girlfriend?" He asked.
"What? No. Friend," I told him firmly,"Have you heard any news from the hypermarket?"
"I was told that its going to be today," he replied, offering me a Doublemint chewing gum. I looked questioningly at him and it took me a while to realise that my breath still smell bad. A mixture between beer and soju. Gosh. The smell could linger around the whole day.
A loud thud, followed by footsteps caught our attention and Hyo Rin stumbled out from my bedroom, looking very surprised.
"Good morning," i greeted her.
"Good morning," she replied.
I offered her to eat some breakfast but surprisingly, she declined. Telling me that she needed to get back home as soon as possible. My took the car key from my P.A and gave her a ride home. There was a long silence when we were on our back home.
"Whats wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing," she replied and obviously she was lying.
I hate it when someone lied to me but Hyo Rin seemed to be keeping it to herself. Whatever it was, i just let her be until we had finally reached her place.
"Will i be seeing you later tonight?" I asked as i accompanied her to the elevator. Hyo Rin nodded and bid me goodbye.
As i wrote this journal, i was attending a particularly dull meeting and my lawyer kept glancing at my direction. Angry, perhaps, since i wasnt giving any interest to what was being discussed.