Fourteen

October 29th

Have you ever plan something out carefully, hoping that it would turn out well but in the end, the plan ended up differently than what you had in mind?
That happened to me on the night i spent with Hyo Rin at my old apartment.
I spent hours telling her parts of my life story which i intended to forget. I failed miserably and thank heavens i wasnt alone. God forbids what might i do if i were to come alone.
I showed her around except the master bedroom. Even though i was finally felt at peace but i was still not ready.
"I need to use the bathroom," she said to me urgently.
"Why didnt you say so? Its the door on the left," i told her and watched her leave as soon as possible.
"You dont mind having just omelette for supper?" I asked when she finally came back.
"As long as it is safe to eat," she said teasingly.
"I can cook," i told her.
"Can and good are two different things," Hyo Rim smiled sweetly, teasing me again,"Need help?"
"No," i said to her firmly,"You're my guest."
"Do you have anything to drink?" She asked. God. How could i forget. I looked around aimlessly for the bottle opener and Hyo Rin chuckled.
"Try to check the drawer on your right," she said and there it was. Two bottles of beer popped open for the both of us. And so, i began my quest : cooking some omelette. Preparing it was okay but looking for the cooking utensils were challenging.
"The pan is on your right," she said to me when she saw me losing my way around the kitchen,"The spatula might be in one of the drawers to your left."
Indeed.
"How did you know?" I asked her, amazed,"Its like you've been here before."
She laughed,"Im amazed myself."
"Nice place you got here, especially the view," she added,"Must be nice to wake up in the morning and the first thing you'll be seeing is the view."
"Do you want to?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"Stay," i said to her,"For the night, i mean. Besides, you wont be going to work tomorrow. Its your off day."
"How did- oh right. You're my boss," she said quickly.
"We can both sleep in the living room, facing the balcony," i said, turning my omelette and finally served them,"Well?"
She looked hesistant,"Im not sure. I dont think that we should."
"Why? Worried that you might interfere with my relationship with Ye Jin? Or you're worried about what your friend might think? He likes you, you know," i told her.
"I, who?" She asked, confused,"Jin Hyuk oppa? He's just a friend."
I snorted,"I dont think thats what he had in mine."
I noticed a custom made diamond pendant that she wore.
"To me, he's just a friend," she said firmly. Silence fell and we ate our supper in silence.
"How come you never talk much about yourself?" I asked, trying to break the silence.
"There's nothing much to talk about," she said,"You really can cook. Its good."
I realised that she doesnt want to go deeper into that particular topic and i understand.
"So, whats next?" She asked.
"I have no idea," i told her honestly,"Just make yourself comfortable. My sister jas a collection of bluray dvds. Help yourself, while i do the dishes."
She sat in front of the tv and browse through the dvds which my sister kept.
"Found any movie that you want to watch?" I asked her.
"I hope you dont mind," she said,"I've always wanted to watch A Frozen Flower."
Wait. What? The plate which i was holding almost slipped. Of all the movies to watch.
"Does my sister have any other movies?" I asked,"A much different genre?"
"No. Mainly adult movies. Except for one," she said.
"Good. We can watch that," i said to her quickly and when i saw what movie was it, i almost laughed. So did she.
"A panda who knows how to kungfu, sure," i said,"I'll get the drinks."
"Your sister surely knows how to pick out good movies," she said as i settled down next to her.
"Try not to watch any erotic adult movies when you're with a man," i told her.
"Why? Its just a movie," she said.
"Not advisable," i said again.
About ten minutes after the movie started, i got bored.
"I told you i want to watch the other movie," Hyo Rin said, smiling slightly.
"No," i said firmly,"Erotic adult movies is not appropriate to watch with a guy."
"Because you know that you wont be able to control the urge?" She asked and she was teasing me, on purpose. This woman really got the nerves.
"I can get control myself, im just afraid that you're the one who'll be launching an attack at me later on," i said to her dismissively.
"I have probably done it long time ago the night you came over to my house," she said, grinning broadly,"In case you dont know, women's sex drive may be high but we still can hold the urge until our mind is distracted by something that is better than sex."
"I didnt know that there are things better than sex existed," i frowned,"Or you just made it up?"
"Nope. You can consult google if you dont believe me," she said.
"Maybe later. What about you? What is better than sex?"
"Food. A good movie and a warm drink, like honey green tea," Hyo Rin said,"Sometimes, a simple exercise can easily get rid of the excess energy."
"Your energy level goes up when you get horny," i chuckled at her explanation,"What kind of guy turn you on?"
"Someone with- no need to know," she snapped.
"What? Why?"
She shushed me up and continued on watching her movie once again.
After a while, i glanced sideways and caught her yawning loudly.
"Shit! Its almost 1a.m," she got off from her seat all the sudden,"I have to go now."
What? No.
"You're not staying?" I asked her.
"No. I cant. What if sunbae finds out?" She asked, giving me the same excuse again. I leapt off from the sofa and ran towards the door. Blocking her way out.
"You're worried about sunbae or you're worried about your friend at home?" I asked her.
"Both," she replied,"Now, excuse me, ajusshi. I need to get going."
Oh woman, my size compared to yours, five times larger. How could you possibly push me aside if you're that petite?
"Im not letting you go, you know," i said to her.
"I cant stay," Hyo Rin almost whined,"How can i stay with an ajusshi who is currently dating someone else?"
"Just pretend that im single, for the night," i said to her,"Just stay. Please. I stayed with you for a few nights before. No complains there."
"You were single back then," she pointed that out clearly,"Of course there were no complains. And i cant just play pretend. For an ajusshi who is 41 years old and a 26 year old woman, playing pretend isnt exactly our game anymore."
Damn woman. I ran out of ideas. Persuasion didnt work at all with her. She gave me a gentle prod on my shoulder, asking me to move aside and without thinking, i took off my shirt. She jumped in surprise, backing away a little.
"What are you doing, ajusshi?" She asked.
"Come here," i said to her but she seemed to be rooted at her spot. Looking both surprised and frightened.
"Why should i?" She asked, backing away a little. But i grabbed her by the arm, pulled her closer to me. Eyes widened, i pressed my chest against her ear.
"Can you hear it?" I asked.
"Yes, your heartbeat," she replied timidly.
"How's the pace?"
"I dont know, im not a doctor. If you want to check your heartbeat, you should be asking Ye Jin, not me," she replied, pulling herself away from my chest but i held on her.
"No, silly," i said, laughing,"Im not asking you to examine my heartbeat. Im asking you how do you listen to it. Fast pace? Or steady?"
She pressed her ear against my chest and gave it a listen for some time. But the contact of our skin was not helping. My heartbeat rose and thank heavens before she notice it, she pulled herself away.
"Steady, i guess," she replied.
"For almost a week, not seeing you, my heart beats fast. I kept wondering to myself when do i get to see you again. I know it should be the opposite but then, i dont know why, i felt calm and at peace just seeing you. I even waited for you outside your apartment every night, seeing you coming back from work. For a week or so, my heart beats fast. I came to you im afternoon a few days ago to ask you out for dinner. It wasnt Ye Jin's idea but mine. But you rejected it. I had my own plan which i wanted to do with you but i had to postponed it."
"And now, you want to go home just like that? When i finally get to see you and hang out with you, you want to leave?"
I stepped away from the door,"But if you still want to leave, fine."
Hyo Rin picked up her belongings and her jacket that fell on the floor earlier, heading towards the door. The doorknob clicked open, and Hyo Rin turned to me. Letting go of the doorknob, she placed her palm on my bare chest, feeling my heartbeat.
"This is how you'd be feeling if i were to leave," she said.
"What?"
Hyo Rin sighed heavily, locking the door again and went back to the living room. She shook head slightly,"I wonder.."
"About?"
"Would you be doing the same thing to sunbae on a date?" She asked.
Oh. Would i? I dont think i would. What i did earlier on was spontaneous. I wasnt even thinking. But i decided to keep it to myself.
"You're not leaving?" I asked. Confused.
"Do you want me to?"
"No!" I said quickly,"Of course not."
"Did you pull that stunt to other women? So that they wont leave?" She asked,"Come here and listen to my heartbeat?"
"No. You're the first."
"Oh. Why?"
"Honestly, i dont know what came over me. I just dont want you to leave. Not yet," i said to her and without myself realising it, i was approaching her slowly,"It just, happen."
"You dont like it?" I asked her again.
"Whats not to like? I finally get to see you topless," she smiled slyly,"You shouldve done it long time ago. When we first met."
"If i were to it back then, you might be thinking im a pervert," i replied.
"Maybe," she replied, a little breathlessly, as i stood in front of her,"You're standing too close. Is it okay if you back away a little?"
"Why dont you?" I said to her, half whispering. Like a magnet, i was drawn to her.
"I. Cant. Move," she said slowly, keeping an eye contact and once, i saw her eyes looking at my mouth.
"How tall are you by the way? You're so short," i asked out of blue. Her eyes widened in surprised. It came out automatically from my mouth.
"152cm," she replied indignantly,"Is there a problem, ajusshi?"
"Not really," i replied, pulled her closer to me. I placed my hand firmly against her back, and she arched her body a little,"With you this petite it would be easier."
"Easier? For what?"
I bent over and gave her a kiss on the lips, without thinking twice. Half of me hoping that she would push me off but even though it was completely unexpected, she reciprocated to my kiss, nibbled my lips a little, turning the unexpected kiss into a passionate one. Lost in ecstasy, how and when the both of us were on the long the sofa, i had no idea. With her arms around my neck, i let my hands moved on their own, touching every inch of her skin under the pale pink blouse. It was not surprising when i felt how smooth her skin was. Taking off her shirt, i kissed the hollow side on her neck, up to her cheek and finally, her ear. I inhaled the sweet scent of her, intoxicated by the smell of her skin, i was turned on. The jeans that i wore were beginning to feel uncomfortable because of my erection. I felt her hands were on me, from my chest, down to my happy trail. It was just a touch on my abdomen, but it somehow had awoken the animal in me. I kissed her again, a little bit rough i think, but to hell with thinking. I placed my hand on her back, ready to unhook her bra when the sound of the front door clicked open.
I leapt of from the sofa and so did Hyo Rin, panicking, as she put on her shirt.
My brother, my sister and my p.a were surprised to see me, especially when they found out that i wasnt alone.
"Oh, um," my sister looked embarrassed, and guilty,"We thought-"
"Well, this is awkward," my brother was heard saying, grinning slyly.
"I was just, leaving," Hyo Rin stuttered and before i could stop her, she bowed at my siblings and left immediately.
"Im sooooo sorry," my sister aplogised to me,"You didnt answer any of our calls. We got worried and decided to check on you."
"You could have at least told us that you're not alone," my brother said to me.
I sighed heavily. I shook my head, telling them it was okay.
"I dont know whether i should be thanking you for coming," i said to my brother when my sister and my p.a had left.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"Have you ever plan something out but it didnt turn out like how you planned it?"
"Ah," my brother nodded,"So, what happened back then, was something that you didnt expect to happen?"
"I was thinking of a nice hang out with a friend. I dont even know how we ended up like that," i told him the truth since there was no point lying,"I just want to hang out with her but throughout the whole week i've been busy. I even waited for her outside of her apartment every night just to see her."
"Seems like you're attracted to her," he said, smiling,"A sexual desire or the attraction is something that you cant explain?"
"Im not sure. She's a good friend of mine," i said,"And im dating her sunbae."
"Then, you have to choose. You cant get involve with two women at the same time. Not advisable. Plus, their friendship is at stake. You wouldnt want to break their friendship."

My brother's word kept repeating itself in my head that night and i finally knew what Hyo Rin meant. But my problems had just started. Each time i closed my eyes, i kept recalling back our intimancy and how it would end up if there were no interruption. I even dreamt if it last night, again. For the second time. I hope that i would be able to concentrate on my work later on.