Chapter 24

I flutter my eyes open and the sun is shining through my window. I take a deep breath and get out of my bed. I turn my music on and of course Made in Miami comes on. I open my closet and choose a ripped jeans and my Martin Garrix sweater. Obviously it's my favorite one. Once I'm dressed I go to the bathroom and finish my morning routine. When I go back to my room to take some stuff, I quickly grab the Nikes that Martin bought for me. I run down the stairs and drop everything on the kitchen table. I start making lunch and breakfast like always and then it's time to leave for the prison where we are supposed so to get smarter.

I arrive at school and again, I'm getting weird looks from everyone, I think they still remember Thursday. It left quite an impression. Even on me. I park my bike and search for Olivia or Jonathan. I walk around and I accidentally bump into a blond girl. "I'm so sorry." I say and she gives a smile in return. Well I'm glad that some people still think that I'm normal. I spot Olivia and she looks terrible. Big dark circles are under her eyes and her skin is very pale. I walk over to her in a fast pace. "Hey, is everything alright? You look, euhmm, tired." I say and she lifts her head up so her eyes meet mine. "I'm alright." She sighs. No she is not. I notice that her eyes are red and puffy too. What the hell is going on with her?

"Why aren't you talking to the one person that you should be talking to?" I ask and she gives me a questioning look. "Who are you talking about?" Olivia asks like she forgot that she has a fucking boyfriend! "Julian, perhaps? He was getting an anger attack about you last weekend and you don't even think about him?! What is wrong with you? Are you falling for that guy from last year again or worse Daniel? Jesus, do yo-" I stop right when I see that a tiny bag falls out of her jacket. She looks surprised and ducks to the ground immediately to pick it up. "Leave it on the fucking ground!" I demand her and she gets back up. I can see the fear in her eyes and her face starts to turn red. She has never seen me this mad before. But just don't mess with my friends. I would do the same to Julian if he was messing with her. I pick it up from the ground and take a close look. These are pills. Not normal pills, pills with fucking smileys on them. They're drugs. Fucking drugs. "Explain. Now!" I say and raise my voice. "Well..." She starts but is too afraid to talk. "Speak up!" I yell again because I'm not leaving before I know everything.

"Are you on drugs?!" I ask and a tear rolls down her face. And now she is getting sentimental. God I'm so angry right now I can punch someone in the face. "Olivia can you just answer me for gods sake!" She wipes the tears of her cheek flips her hair out of her face. "Yes, okay yes!" she admits and I take a big step back. "Why the hell are you taking drugs?! Don't you remember all the conversations we had about smoking and drugs how bad it is for your health? Or that time we were in Antwerp and we saw some people dealing and you were like: 'Oh my god I'm never doing that shit, you can die if you take the wrong one.' Did you lie to me all this time?!" I ask and the tears stream down her face like a waterfall. "I'm sorry, please don't tell Julian." She says and puts her hands in front of her face. "What am I supposed to do with you? Let you die from some stupid pills? You need help!" I say and she tries to walk away but I grab her wrist. Olivia tries to thwart but she gives up because she knows I'm stronger then her. "Well, explain. Right now." I say and let go of her.

"After we came back from Miami I went to a party with Claire and Nora. Apparently they were dealing XTC since the summer and that's why they have all these fancy clothes and expensive things. They told me that it was very easy and that it raises a lot of money in a small amount of time. They took the pills themselves too. At first I didn't want to because there were too many risks. But then they were saying things like 'you're a coward, enjoy life for once, you can earn hundreds of euros,...'.  I-I wasn't thinking and accepted the offer and started using them and dealing. After going to every party in the weekend I was tired of it and people were starting to accuse me from dealing at school. I told them that I wanted to quit and they said that I could under one condition: if I needed drugs again they wouldn't give it to me. But I was like: why would I need it? Then a few days after I stopped, I started to sweat a lot, I got breathing problems and other issues. I found out that I'm an addict. I was suffering for a whole week and begged Claire and Nora to let me come back and deal again. After days of pain and horror I could finally start using and dealing again. It was the worst decision in my life and I'm trying to quit now. But please don't tell anyone. Not even Julian. Please I'm begging you. I will even give you money if you want. I hope you still want to be friends..."