Chapter 26

A horrible week of school passed quickly. Olivia and I are on good terms again, luckily. She told Julian and both of her parents what was going. Of course her parents went ballistic and now I won't see her for months because she is in a rehab center. This sucks very much, months without your best friend and I'm not even aloud to fucking visit her! This is just bullshit. But it's good for her they said, it better be.

Then there is poor thing Julian, left with a broken heart and an ex-girlfriend who just confessed about being a drug dealer. Some things in life don't go as we expected or wished. He's all messed up now and locked himself in the studio. Expressing his feelings with music. That's what Martin told me. So I assume he isn't taking it very well. They weren't together for a long time and first Olivia cheated on Daniel for him and then she stopped loving him after a few months. I get why he is so upset. I mean, who wouldn't be in this situation?

This whole week seemed like a total blur. Some extraordinary things happened and everything is just floating in my mind. So many details and big things mixed in my head. It feels like my brain is a miserable smoothie of love and hate. I prefer a chocolate one, but when life gives you miserable things you can't make a chocolate smoothie out of it. Oh god I can't even think straight anymore.

The big things about Olivia and Julian are clear and obvious. We're friends again, Olivia and Julian broke up, she is in therapy, and he is suffering from a heartbreak. Things that confuse me the most are the little things that Jonathan did that day. Holding my hand, making eye contact not in a way a friend would, the constant urge to touch me and being extremely sweet. I don't know what he is doing, maybe he was just supporting me in the tough times like normal friends would. I need to stop overthinking shit. It's really confusing. I'm still taking him to Martin's gig on Saturday, I mean I promised him. This will take my mind of and Julian's, if he comes.

Wait what day is it even? Fuck it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon and Saturday and I told Jonathan to come over at 5:30. I need to get out ready or I'll be late. I jump out of the couch because I'm pretty excited and run op the stairs. I connect my phone to the new speakers I bought last week and the music starts blasting through the room. Spectrum by Zedd is the first song that comes on, it's my favorite one.

Now the hardest part, choosing clothing. Luckily I also bought new clothes this week so I'll put them on. A gray pencil skirt with a basic furious red top. And last but not least my new leather jacket but this time without sleeves. I need to stop buying them, I have like three of them now. I hope Martin will like my outfit. I run to the bathroom because time is getting short. The only make up I put on is mascara. I want to look as natural as possible. Today is a good hair day so I let my long hair fall down in loose waves. I love the color so much, it's a darker shade of blonde and it slightly fades into blonde.

It's already time to leave so I run down the stairs and text Jonathan if he's on his way. Only a few seconds later he rings the door bell. I open up and his eyes drool all over me. "Are you coming in or what?" I ask and he wakes up out of his gaze. "Yeah yeah, you just look really pretty."He says and steps inside. "Ohn thank you. I ordered a cab, he should be here in a minute." He mutters an okay and fumbles awkwardly with the key of his bicycle. I think he's nervous. Literally a minute later the cab arrives and I open the door to go outside as Jonathan stops me. "Aren't you forgetting something?" He laughs and looks down at me feet. I bend my head down to see that I forgot to put on my damn shoes. "Shit!" I run upstairs to grab them. "I'll put them on in the car, come on we're late!" I shout and we head outside. I hear my mom yelling a have fun so I yell a thank you back before closing the front door. Jonathan opens the car door for me so I can get in. "Good evening miss Groothuizen." The driver says politely. He takes his sunglasses off and turns his head towards us. His eyes are sparkling blue and his hair is blonde and messy. He's very young though. "Where do you want to go?" He asks and I give him the address of the club in Amsterdam. We drive away and I put on my heels. "So how long have you guys been together" he asks and I start laughing but Jonathan just bites his lip. Weird... "We're just friends."
"Ohh I get it. Haha I'm sorry." He says and I smiled at him.