Chapter 39: For What It's Worth....I'm A Jerk

Hiccup

"Is this what you want eh?!" I said to her. I pressed my lips against hers, she wrapped her arms around my neck and mine made its way around her waist. I think I got lost in the moment because then straight in the doorway Astrid stood. I thrust Merida away from me at full force and speed, but that didn't wipe away the smirk written across her face as she looked to me and to Ally.

"Astrid this isn't what it looks like I swear to you!" I tried explaining as quickly as possible. "Oh just save it, guess it was only a matter of time," with that she barged past James with powerful force and stormed away. My eyes flushed with fury as they diverted towards Merida. She still had this compelling smirk on her face trying to pull me in. "You knew she was coming that's why you did it didn't you?!" I questioned her as my voice rose with annoyance.

She laughed at me and cried "Hiccup, you're the one who kissed me, not the other way around," she began clouding round me again. Trying to let her hands trace across my chest that was beating at rapid speed. I grabbed hold of her hands and pulled her in front of me and made her look deep into my eyes. This time our eyes were not locked in a good sensation but a bad one. "Yet you provoked it, now look what you've done." I threw her back so she lost balance against the ground and I slammed on out the room.

I made my way down to Ally's dorm begging and hoping that she was still there, but mostly begging. I knocked on the door, pounding down with all my might and swing it took for her to hear. The door swung open at full speed and there stood Kerri. "Gosh alright you don't need to slam so hard you know, this isn't a brick wall," she said sarcastically. I barged past her and made my way inside.

"Why do you think she'd come back here Hayden, except to tell me then wander off like usual?" she asked me knowing what I was doing. I turned around and glared at her. "Hey don't glare at me young man I haven't done the crime," she said coming at me and pointing her finger against me. "It wasn't my fault-" I started arguing at her but of course get cut off by her, "I believe that but will she, now stop messing around here and go find her you ass," and she pushed me out the room.

The door got shut in my face, which I ignored and made my way out the college, knowing that she probably wasn't going to stay there after that incident. I searched and searched and guess what, I couldn't find her absolutely anywhere. I gave up, well not entirely. I was walking along the beach's borderline and kicking the sand up as I go. I fell down into the sand and buried myself into myself. For what it's worth I'm a jerk. A big one for that matter.

I looked out across the ocean and I just gazed outwards thinking, wondering about the hell I just did and how an apology isn't going to solve the frigging problem. I gave up and was about to walk away until I saw these beautiful locks flowing against the wind. Them standing in the water letting the waves crash against their soft feet not bothering about the world around them. I made my way over to them.

"Astrid I....."