Oops

"Lance, we have to talk." I said as I heard Maria laugh not to far off. I glanced over at her and Daniel. Despite her liking Lance, she seemed to be having a great time with Daniel. I was glad at least someone was happy. He grinned as he turned back to me.

"About what?" He asked, spooning some frozen yogurt into his mouth. After the movie, which Maria couldn't stop raving about, we still hadn't curbed our appetite so when Daniel suggested ice cream, Maria proposed a better idea of frozen yogurt. And while I loved frozen yogurt, my stomach was churning at the thought of what I had to tell Lance right now.

"I.. I didn't know that you thought this was a date.. Let alone, a double date."

"Oh." He blushed red.

"So-sorry.. I mean.. We were at coffee right and I said we should hang out sometime, the two of us and you seemed to go along with it."

"Yeah, I suggested we go to the movies and invite other friends to come along too but.."

"Yeah, I see what you're saying. I thought you were just scared to go on a first date with me and wanted to go if we set one of our other friends up on a date too."

"Well.." I murmured but he kept going.

"Sorry for being I guess... Presumptuous. Next time, I'll ask when it's a date." He smiled at me. I sighed.

"Lance, it's not just that I didn't know that you thought this was a date but.. I.. I have a boyfriend." He looked at me surprised.

"Oh?"

"Um.. Yeah.. Calum?" I said slowly.

"Your brother?" Lance asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What? No! Calum is my boyfriend, Jake is my brother. I only have one brother.."

"Really?" I nodded my head earnestly and Lance looked down at the table. "It's just.. I always thought that Calum and Jake were twins. Older twin brothers and one was nice to you and the other wasn't."

"No, no. One brother, one boyfriend.. I guess I never made it exactly clear.." I murmured. Fuck.. He thought Calum was my brother? Ew!

"Yeah, guess not.." He muttered.

"Lance I'm really sorry I really didn't know that.." I began, reaching out for his arm but Daniel and Maria came and sat down next to us at that time. They were laughing. I retracted my hand and turned to them. They both seemed oblivious to the tension.

"Guess what Daniel just said." Maria said elbowing me. I smiled warily.

"What did he say?" I asked. Maria narrowed her eyes a little, catching up on my mood but proceeded to tell me the joke Daniel had just told her. I laughed nervously and saw that Lance was also smiling a little bit. Daniel nudged him and they started talking. Maria eyed me curiously.

"We can talk later." I murmured. She nodded her head and then changed topics to keep the mood light. Lance dropped Daniel and Maria off at his house. Apparently Daniel wanted to drive Maria home so they could spend some more time together,

"They're really hitting it off." I said lightly as I moved to the front seat of the car. "Which is funny because at the beginning of the night, Maria.." I paused.