High School Musical

First day of senior year was killer. I mean actually killer. As in I kind of wanted to kill everyone around me. Or just myself. Probably just myself. It seemed like everything was getting on my nerves and maybe I was just PMSing but it had never been this bad before. My friends were all attributing it to Calum's departure as well so I figured I'd just pin my bad mood on that.

I had said goodbye to Calum and my brother nearly a week ago and while we were texting almost constantly and talking to each other on the phone whenever we could, it wasn't enough. I wanted to see him, not just hear his voice and having him so far away was nerve wracking.

"Maybe you don't trust him as well as you think you do." Maria said. I turned to glare at her. "I mean.. Okay it's like.." She looked away. "I can't talk to you if you're gonna stare at me like that." Kenzie, Jackie and Katie started busting up laughing but I didn't think it was very funny. I missed him, that was all.

"What are you trying to say then?" I asked, dropping my glare as I returned to concentrating on my food.

"I mean you trust him, sure but you don't trust anyone else."

"Damn right." I grumbled.

"Well you can't be bitter all year Lily, we won't allow. In fact we can't allow it." I looked up at Katie, confused with where she was going with this. "This is our senior year, our year. I know that's some generic teenager crap but it's true. Right now we are literally untouchable. It's just like when we were freshman. We could do stupid things because we were freshman and now we can do stupid things because we don't give a fuck."

"I have personally never given a fuck." Jackie interrupted. Maria, Kenzie and I laughed as Katie rolled her eyes.

"Point is, this year is supposed to be fun. More exciting than how High School Musical 3 ended." Everyone groaned. Lately, Katie would keep bringing up that movie in reference to our senior year because, let's be honest, nobody really liked the third movie as much as they liked the other two. In comparison it was a letdown but it was about their senior year and seeing as how we were seniors in high school, it was fitting.

"Our lives aren't like a musical and the only one here who has a boyfriend is Lil." Maria pointed out, gesturing to me.

"So she's our Gabriela." Katie said firmly. I snorted.

"And you're implying that Calum is Tory Bolton? He plays soccer not basketball." Katie shook her head at me. "And who are you guys. Whose Sharpay? Which one of you mother fuckers is trying to steal Calum from me."

"Me." Kenzie said flipping her hair over her shoulder. Everyone laughed and immediately launched into a conversation about who was who form High School Musical and while the subject was funny, I wasn't particularly interested. Instead, I listened quietly and ate my food in a brooding silence.

---

"So how was your first day of senior year honey?" My mom asked as she walked into the living room. She bent down and kissed my forehead as she walked by before moving to set her purse on the kitchen table. I shrugged as I tossed a peanut in the air and caught it in my mouth, I bit down on it before roe lying to her question.

"Alright I guess. School is school, is school." She smiled at me softly and sat down on the couch.

"You miss Calum." She stated.

"Of course I do." I murmured, staring at my bowl of mixed nuts sadly. "I'm not trying to let it dictate how I live but.. It's weird going from seeing him everyday to.. Possibly only the weekends." I said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry honey but it's something you're going to have to get used to unfortunately." She stood up, smiling. "When you get your car maybe you can go out and visit him every weekend." I sat ho straighter as she headed into the kitchen.