Confrontation

"Are you sure about this?" Jackie asked, touching my arm lightly. Nodding my head vigorously, I looked around the table at all my friends.

"Positive. I don't want to think about Calum or my anniversary or anything. I just want to eat greasy food and watch movies with you guys."

"As long as there's popcorn I'm down." Daniel said with a smile. Maria shook her head at her boyfriend but nodded her head in agreement.

"Anything to make you feel better." She added in.

"Thanks guys. I don't want to be alone this weekend."

"So the usual time then?" Katie asked.

"What's the usual time?" Lance questioned.

"Five o'clock and bring any movies, board games, card games that you want." Kenzie informed him. Lance nodded his head.

"Sounds good.." He paused, looking towards me. "I still think you should talk to him though." I shook my head. I didn't want to talk about Calum or talk to him. He had already stopped trying to text and call me. I wasn't sure if I should be upset or happy that he listened to me.

"No, it's fine. I just want to hangout with you guys tonight." I murmured. Nobody said anything and when the bell rang a few seconds later, we all began to stand up and head to class.

"Well, are we pitching in for food too?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, that'd be cool. You can also bring any snacks you want. Jackie and I will go pick things up on our way back to my house." Everyone nodded, gathering their things.

"Sounds good, see you guys later." Lance said as him and Daniel branched off. We waved goodbye to our friends as we all separated. Then, it was just Katie and I on our way to our shared class.

"Lance is kind of right." She brought up slowly. "You guys were together for so long... It'll be good to finalize things.. If that's what you want. You were a little shady on the breakup." I laughed a little.

"Maybe I was.." I paused. "Yeah, I'll talk to him but not today." Katie bumped my shoulder.

"Okay but soon. Promise."

"Yeah, thanks Katie."

"Always."

----

When school was over and Jackie and I were in the car alone, she brought up Calum as well. "Are you really breaking up with him?" I sighed as I looked out the window. "Don't you sigh at me. Tell me the truth."

"I don't know Jackie. I love Calum but he's being a down right jackass right now."

"Let's focus on the love part of that sentence." She began, which made me sigh. "Will you please just talk to him, for my sanity?"

"Well, when you say it that way.." I muttered.

"I'm serious Lily. You two can't leave this the way you have. If you don't talk about it.."

"I know, I know and we will. Just not on our anniversary."

"No, especially on your anniversary Lil'." I didn't reply. What more was there to say? I didn't want to talk about Calum and I. All I wanted was to spend my one year anniversary with my friends and eat greasy pizza and popcorn. Was that asking for too much?

----

The doorbell rang, making Maria jump. Daniel laughed at her as she put popcorn down his shirt. Maria hates scary movies but she was out voted. I glanced up at the door. "Thank god, those pizzas are late. Lance can you get the door." I said, handing him a twenty and a ten as he stood.