Trouble In Paradise

"So, no trouble in paradise then?" Jackie asked, nudging me. I shook my head as I chewed my food carefully before replying to her.

"No, Calum and I are fine and so are Lance and I." I said before waving over at him from our table. He smiled and waved back a he headed towards Daniel and his other friends. First bumping Daniel, he sat down and immediately stuck up a conversation.

"It's a good thing everything worked out so well." Kenzie said, tossing a potato chip into her mouth. "If it hadn't, Maria might hate you for trying to steal Lance, you'd be boyfriend-less and also destroying this tight-knight friendship." Kenzie said gesturing around at our little group.

"Wow, thanks for reminding me I almost lost everything I love." I said glaring at her across the table. She started laughing and continued to eat her lunch.

"Yeah, good thing I fell for Daniel." Maria said smiling at me.

"I really didn't mean to take Lance from you, even though you're over it." I apologized again. I still couldn't believe that he liked me and that he thought Calum was my brother and not my boyfriend. I shuddered at the thought.

"What's amazing to me is that Calum somehow got into the same exact situation as you. Like.. What are the odds?" Katie asked. I shrugged. It really was weird. Andrea seemed to be taking to well though and so had Lance so I had high hopes that I could still be friends with him and I even encouraged Calum to try to be friends with Andrea.

"Are you sure?" Calum asked, furrowing his eyebrows and squeezing my hand. I nodded my head vigorously.

"It'll just be weird if you stopped talking to her altogether right? Or no?" Calum shrugged, unsure. I rolled my eyes at him. "It will be fine. Just talk to her. No big deal."

"Are you only telling me this because you still want to be friends with Lance?" He accused.

"Wellll.." I said, drawing out the L.

"Lily." Calum warned.

"Maybe but Lance is a nice guy. So what if he thought it was a date. I corrected him, he didn't try to kiss me or anything. We're just friends now. He's a nice guy." Calum pursed his lips and shook his head.

"I don't know though. I have to meet him or something." Calum said urgently.

"If you come home some weekend maybe I'll introduce the two of you. We'll have to be in a large group though so it's not awkward for anyone." Calum nodded his head.

"Sounds like a plan."

"So you'll be friends with Andrea?"

"Yeah and you can stay friends with Lance." I kissed him then. I was really hoping this wouldn't come back to bite in the end. That would suck.

----

"Hey." I smiled up at Lance as he walked up to me.

"What's up?" I said closing my locker.

"You have something in your hair." Lance stated. I touched my hair worriedly. "Don't worry, I'll get it but that's not the only reason I came over here." He says as he reaches out to touch my hair. He gently pulls out a gray fuzzball.

"Huh, weird." I say as he releases it into the air. It floats to the ground slowly and is scooped away by a small gust of wind. I look back up at him. "So what did you come over here to say then?"

"Well, uh. Daniel still thinks we're together even though I've told him otherwise and he wants to go on another double date." Lance says, putting air quotes around double date.