Life of the Party

"I'm coming home this weekend and you can't stop me Lil'." Calum says as I groaned into the reviewer of my phone.

"Calum, I'll be fine. I'll hang out with my friends." I told him.

"Well what if I'm not fine? What if I don't want to hang out with your brother." There was a muffled shout, probably from my brother and it sounded like Calum blocked something from being thrown at him. "Did you hear that? He's a jackass and I want to see you."

"My god shut up!" I heard my brother shout audibly. I laughed lightly.

"You're my girl."

"True but.. Come on, there's got to be some fun stuff happening over there." I replied encouragingly. I knew Calum was a partner, always had been until we got together. He knew the party scene wasn't really my thing so he stopped going as often. I had been trying to get him back into it partly because I didn't want to hold him back and partly because he shouldn't stop doing something just because I hated it.

"There is! His soccer buddies invited us to a sick as party and he won't go." Jack said, his voice louder this time. It sounded like they we fighting for the phone. Jake apparently got the upper hand. "Make him go Lily. I don't want to go alone." I laughed as Calum got his phone back.

"Don't listen to your damn brother. I want to come see you."

"Calum, don't lie to me. Do you want to go to the party?" I asked. Calum was quiet. "Calum?" I questioned. He sighed.

"I heard you and you said not to lie so I didn't say anything." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Calum, go to the damn party. I've held you back form so many of them already, just go to this one. It's what you really want. I can feel it."

"How do you know what I really want?" He asked.

"Because I know you idiot. And aside from wanting to have sex with me, I know you really want to go back to partying." He was quiet and I couldn't tell if he was thinking over what I had said or letting the words sink in.

"Can I have the first option if I come home?" He asked.

"Calum!" I shouted and he started laughing. I could hear my brother asking him what was going on but Calum ignored him. I was glad I wasn't on speaker right now. That would be embarrassing. "Just go to the damn party."

"Lilyyy." He complained.

"Calummmm." I said back as he sighed. "Partying is in your blood Calum and college is prime partying time."

"Partying is not in my blood.. It's a passion." I laughed lightly, flipping over onto my back on my bed. "And it something I'm going to have to get over eventually of I'm going to become a reasonable, responsible adult."

"What a load of bullshit." Jake shouted at him. I laughed.

"Jakes right for once Calum. It's college. Go party."

"You won't be partying in college." Calum pointed out.

"Because it's not my passion." I teased. Calum muttered something under his breath I couldn't hear. "Hey, I'll be fine. Jackie and I are overdo for a movie night anyways."

"Remember how we used to have movie nights." I smiled. My movie nights with Jackie were usually re-watching old Disney movies or romance movies and complaining to each other about school and life. My movie nights with Calum were way different. We would eat popcorn, hold hands and eventually end up making out on the couch in his basement as the movie played in the background. His mom had caught us once and I was so embarrassed I avoided her for nearly a week afterwards.