And A Hard Place

It has now been nearly five days since I last spoke to Calum. After my message to him Sunday, he stopped trying to call. His texts became less frequent too. The last one had been from yesterday morning.

Calum😜💋
Are we still on for this weekend? I know you're angry at me but... I still want to talk to you. And it would probably be better in person.

Just thinking about seeing him made me want to throw up. I don't know why seeing my boyfriend would give me so much anxiety and nervousness but it did. Before, it was killing me not seeing him everyday. Now I wanted him as far away as possible.

Jackie was the only one who knew about mine and Calum's fight but the others were sort of getting the hint. Last week, all I could talk about was our one year anniversary coming up. This week, the week it actual was, I had nothing to say and my friends were picking up on that. Even Lance noticed something was off and I don't even talk to him about Calum that much.

"You've been acting weird." Lance noted quietly while we were in the library during our shared free period.

"Have I?" I countered, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah.. Ever since Monday.. Maybe even longer. What's bothering you?"

"Nothing's bothering me." I replied with a shrug.

"Come on Lil' we all go to you with our shitty problems. Tell me what's up." I pursed my lips and said nothing. "Does it have something to do with Calum?"

"Why would something be wrong with Calum and I?"

"You just got all defensive about it so I would say I've hit the mark." I sighed but said nothing else. "You don't have to shield me from your love life you know."

"I know.. I just don't want to talk about it."

"That bad?" Lance said lightly.

"Kind of.." I murmured.

"Well, if you want to tell me.. You have my number." I did want to talk to Lance about it but he wouldn't be the best person, seeing as he's the reason Calum thinks I'm cheating on him. So I let the subject drop but it was Wednesday.. I had to say something to Calum soon.

----

Thursday during lunch, I was pushing around the potato chips on my tray, listening to the crinkling bag. Meanwhile my friends were staring at me like I had lost my damn mind. "Lily, you have to tell us what's wrong." Jackie said, nudging me. I shook my head.

"Nothing's wrong."

"You're a shitty liar. I hope you know that." Maria replied.

"I do know that."

"Come on Lily, we're your best friends. What's wrong?" Katie asked. I was about to reply with another lie when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Pausing I took it out. Someone was calling me. The Caller ID read Calum😜💋 I frowned. Why would he be calling me?

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Kenzie asked. I stood up slowly, staring at his name and heading for the cafeteria doors.

"Hold on." I said upon answering the phone.

"Okay." Calum sounded surprised that I had answered. Pushing open the cafeteria doors, I walked out into the semi-quiet hallways and sighed.

"What do you want?"

"To explain myself.. And to talk to you." I waited for him to continue. "Lily?"

"I'm listening." He sighed.

"I got really pissed seeing Lance in your snapchats. It was video after video of him and it made me jealous."

"I do the same shit with my other friends." How many times had I put that dog face on Jackie when she wasn't looking? Too many times to count. I was always messing with my friends like that.