Chapter 14: Birthday

Once Garroth, Laurance, and I dropped Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan back at Pheonix drop, we walked back to (V/n).

We talked while we walked back, but it was about stupid things such as, "how is the weather" or "what have you been up to lately?" I guess after being captured and me turning into Irene, we all were baffled.

When we reached our village, I was surprised. There was no one outside. And by no one, I mean literally not one single body was out. Were they all taken away? What was going on?

I walked into the entrance and looked around. Dead silent. "Where is everyone?" I ask them. I looked at them and they just shrugged their shoulders.

     "Who knows? Remember, we were captured by Zane." Laurance says.

     "Y-yeah. What Laurance s-said." Garroth stutters. I turn back around and walk to the center of the village.

     "Hel-" I start, but I get cut off.

     "SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The whole village says. I was so caught up with the whole "capture" situation that I completely forgot that it was my birthday.

     "ACK!" I scream. I tumble backwards, but Garroth and Laurance were there to catch me. They stood me up and I looked at everyone with a surprised look on my face.

"Happy Birthday, Lord (Y/n)!" The whole village says. Tears started forming in my eyes.

"Awe. Thank you guys. You all are lovely people!" I thank them before they open up a path for me to walk through. At the end, there was a 5 feet high birthday cake with my name on it. "Wow. Who made this cake?"

"Kawaii~Chan from Phoenix Drop made it. We requested it a couple of days ago and she finished it today before she had to deliver messages with Katelyn." One villager explains. I look at him and nod my head.

"I will have to thank her when I get the chance. But right now, let's celebrate!" I say before cutting the cake and starting the party.

-------------------------------------------

Choosing Time!

At random parts in the story, you get to choose which part you want to do. Either Garroth or Laurance.

Now, time to choose!

-------------------------------------------

~Garroth's Part~

I got two plates that had cake on it. One for me and one for Garroth. I walked up and handed it to him. He takes it out of my hand and thanks me. I nod my head and turn to look at everyone.

"They are all having fun, aren't they?" I say out loud, not expecting a response.

"Yeah, they are," Garroth replies. I turn to look at him.

"So... I need to ask you a question. You don't need to answer me, but if you do, I want the honest answer." I say. He looks at me and nods his head.

"Ask away." Garroth says before he takes a bite of the cake.

I look down at my cake, untouched. "Do you like me?" I whisper. Silence. I look up to see Garroth just staring at me.

"Uhh..." He trails off. I raise an eyebrow at him and he sighs. "No I don't." He says. "I love you (Y/n)."

I gasp and he looks at me in the eyes. He then sets our plates on the table and takes my hands. "And I won't let anyone take this chance away from me." Garroth says before kissing me. I was surprised at his sudden action, but I soon kissed back.

"AND I LOVE YOU TOO (Y/N)!" Laurance yells. I pull away from the kiss to find Laurance staring daggers at Garroth.

Uh oh...

--------------------------------------------

~Laurance's Part~

Once I finished cutting the cake for everyone, I headed over to Laurance. He smiled at me and grabbed my hand, taking me some place. "Where are we going?" I ask him as he pulls me along. I heard faint footsteps behind us, but I didn't look back, thinking that it was just my imagination.

"Close your eyes." Laurance instructed. I did as he told me to do and I walked along, him guiding me.

We walked for what felt like forever before Laurance told me to open my eyes. I opened them and I gasped. We were sat a big waterfall. "Wow." Was all I could say.

"Do you like it?" He asks. I look at him and nod my head. He chuckles. "Well, that's good because I wanted to tell you something important."

"What is it?" I ask. He walks over to me and holds my face in his hands. His hands were warm to the touch.

"I love you." He says before pulling me into a kiss. I gasp, but kiss back.

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" A voice says behind me. I pull away to see Garroth in the distance.

Uh oh...

------------------------------------------

Sorry it's shorter, but I wanted to get a chapter out.

     Thanks for reading!

~Ann