Garroth's Epilogue

Closing the story book, I look down at Xavier and Autumn. Their smiles showed that some of their teeth were coming in. Xavier jumped onto my lap with Autumn not too far behind him. They gave me a hug and then ran to their bedrooms. Sighing, I stand up and put the book back in its rightful place on the bookshelf.

Two muscular arms wrapped around me from behind and a pair of soft lips touched my cheek in the gentlest way. Smiling, I turn around and give Garroth a quick peck. I then went towards the kitchen and felt a small kick in my stomach. Putting a hand on my belly, I smile and grab a light snack to munch on while the sun went down for the evening.

Garroth comes in right after me and leans against the doorframe. "How were the kids tonight?" He asks in a curious tone. Taking a bite, I shrug my shoulders. "What do you mean by that?"

Rolling my eyes, I swallow and properly reply. "They were good as always. They wanted you with them today, though." He laughs and walks over to me.

"Now you know how I feel when you're off at work," he replies with a sly smirk on his face. I giggle and he puts a hand on my stomach. A couple of small kicks was the baby's reply to what their father said.

I looked on the walls while Garroth felt my stomach. Pictures of him, Laurance, and I were hung up everywhere around the house. We still talk to Laurance, but he's always off on missions that involve him traveling, so we don't get to see him as often as we would like.

Even though the previous Lord's house was big enough to fit a family, Garroth and I moved out and let Laurance stay there. I'm still the Lord, but ever since Zane's attack years ago, we haven't had many issues. The only thing I've had to really do was sign some contracts and fix a few small issues happening in V/N.

     Looking down at him, I see the childish boy I fell in love with. He has made each day bigger, better, and brighter. Those blue eyes looked up into my E/C ones and they sparkled. Smiling, he stands up and wraps his arms loosely around my waist.

     "Do you remember when I used to believe that babies came from storks and that the babies would magically end up in the mother's stomach?" Garroth asks while looking down at me. Trying not to spit out my food, I put a hand over my mouth to contain my laughter.

     The fact that he still remembers that moment that was years ago is priceless. I could have sworn he forgot about that. "Yeah, why?" I respond with another question.

     Chuckling, he softly put a hand on my cheek. "I knew where they came from before you tried pranking me. My mother told me about it at a young age," Garroth replies and my mouth drops.

     "You're kidding," I say in disbelief. He shakes his head and my shocked expression gets bigger. "Then why did you pretend to not know if you did know!?"

     "Because it was nice seeing you laugh, especially since that was around the time when the Lord's daughter passed away," he sincerely says.

     Blinking a couple of times, I just stared at him in awe. He did that act just to make me happy. My heart raced and I smiled at him before giving him a lovable kiss. Kissing right back, he gave the same amount of force and love that I gave him.

     Pulling away, he smiles at me with that cheeky grin of his.

     "You're so gullible, Y/N, and I love you for that."

—————

Garroth's story has come to an official end. Thank you all for joining me on this journey and I hope to see you all in the future.

Much love,
Ann