Chapter XVI

Liyah's POV

"Hey, Liyah." I hear Collin say.

"Hey.." I reply a bit quietly and bitterly. I don't really like Collin. I don't have a specific reason why because I don't like anyone in my school. Except for my sister and my 3 best friends. A'ryan, Alex and Marcelis.

I sit next to A'ryan. "Hey, besite!" She says. I wave my hand. I don't feel like talking today. At All. If a teacher asks me a question, I'll just write my answer down.

*At School. In Mrs. Pownal 6th grade homeroom*

Kaila sits in front of me as Alex sits beside me on my right. Kaila looks at me with a fake smile. I just give my cold, dark eyes of hatred.

"Okay guys, you had the whole weekend off, therefore you should be ready for the P.S.S.A. practice test." Mrs. Pownal says as she passes out our booklet that we put our answers on.

She gives me my booklet which I got a 88℅ on. That's not so bad. I guess.

*At Lunch*

I open up my black lunch box and see a PB and J sandwich, sour cream and onion chips, a juice box, popcorn and two pineapple fruit cups. I throw away the sandwich, and chips and give the popcorn to Alex. I just keep the pineapples and the juice box.

"Sis," I look up to see Elinor. "Are you just gonna eat pineapples and juice?" She asks. I nod my head.

"Are you gonna talk?" She asks. I shake my head no. She just sighs and sits next to me. I can tell she's worried about me. I just don't know why.

*At Home*

"Hey, Liyah." Niall says as me and Elinor come in. I wave my hand and sit down on the couch and start my math homework. I see cut up pineapples in front of me and I slowly eat one as I start my homework.

"Do you need any help?" Harry asks. "Yes.." I answer quietly. "We're learning expressions.." I say and point at the question I need help on.

It read: x÷3=12

"This is pretty easy." Harry says. "Okay, so, what you need to for this is inverse operations. So what does the problem start with?" He asks.

"Division.." I answer. He nods. "Right and what's the opposite of division?" "Multiplication.." "Exactly so put the 3 under the 12 and make it 12x3 ." He says and I did what he said.

"What's 12x3?" He asks. "36.." "So 36 would be your answer." He says and I write the answer down. "Thank you.." I say. He smiles and says "you're welcome." and walks back into the kitchen.

This is the first time I've really spoken the whole entire day. Everyone's starting to get worried but I really don't know why.

Jello, I don't know why I said that but hey, it's Liyah and I hoped you liked the story. Sorry if its a bit crusty though..