Chapter XXXVII

~Liyah's POV~

Dear Diary,
Life is trying me. I lay in bed, contemplating my own death. I thought I was free, but I'm not. I never was. Auggie almost did stuff with me and the monsters are back, I don't know what to do anymore.

I feel like I'm a thousand waves deep in the ocean. Should I drown myself now?

My heart is breaking. I just want to curl up and die.

-Liyah.

I finish writing in my journal. I then put it back in special box...with it is a razor. I pick it up and study it. "Just do it." I hear a voice in my head. "Come on, you pathetic bitch. Just do it. You know you want to, cause that's all you're good for." It says.

I promised Elinor that I wouldn't cut anymore. She's the only one that knows about my scars and my past. But...the razor...it's calling to me. I'm in so much pain. "Fucking do it!" The voice says. I try so hard not to listen to it. But I fail.

I get up with the razor in my hand and go to the bathroom. I slowly lock it and sit down on the floor. I look at my wrist...and slowly drag the blade down it.

Useless. Slice.

Worthless. Slice.

Ugly. Slice.

Failure. Slice.

Not good enough. Slice.

I stare down at the cuts I have made so far, and I break down crying silently. I feel so worthless. And so stupid. I'm sorry. I think. I'm so sorry.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••