39

(A/N: Same as Elinor. Too lazy for the roman numbers.)

Liyah's POV

I have really disappointed Elinor. And I feel so bad. I promised her that I wouldn't do this again, and now I'm all bandaged up. I can't even speak. I'm just eating pineapples. I'm sitting in Dr. Mitchell's office, my therapist. He's helped me a lot for a long time. He's really nice to me.

He walks in the office and frowns at me. "Liyah," He starts as he kneels down in front of me. "I heard what happened. Is he back?" He asks, and I nod my head. "And you listen to him this time, right?" He asks, and I nod my head again. "Do you want to listen to him?" He asks, I shake my head no. "Then why do you?" He asks, and I shrug my shoulders.

"Cause you're giving into him. You can't do that. You're stronger than him. He's just a demon in your mind. You can overpower him." He says. I look back down at the ground. It's not that simple. "I-I can't..." I say in a quiet voice, I don't think he heard me...but he did. "You can. I believe in you. Your parents believes in you. Your sister believes in you. I know it may seem like you're his slave and he's your master but he's not. He's nothing on you." He says.

"I heard about your boyfriend too. And I think your demon is using that against you. To break you down to make you seem like you're worthless, but in reality, you're worth more than gold." He says. "He's lying. You know you're not worth shit." The voice says. A tear rolls down my cheek. Dr. Mitchell sees this and knows that's he's back.

"Don't listen to him, Liyah. Show him what you're worth. Show him that you're not going to give into him, and that you're not going to up." He says. "If you don't mind, may I see your scars?" He asks. I hesitately pull up my sleeve, and unwrap my arm. He gasps as he looks at it. "Really deep...you can't do this to yourself. Your body is a precious thing. You're precious. Don't listen to that voice in your head. I know you're stronger than him." He says.

"But everyday's the same. I fight to find my way...I hurt...I break...I hide and try to pray..." I tell him. "Does anyone hear me when I cry?" I ask him. "Listen, this is dark before the dawn. The storm before the peace. Don't be afraid, cause seasons change, and God is watching over you. He hears you." He tells me. "I know he hears you when you cry." He tells me and then wraps my arm back up.

He gives me a tissue and I wipe my eyes. He then pulls me into a tight hug. "Are you okay now?" He asks me, and I nod my head. "Are you going to give into him?" He asks, and I shake my head no. "Good. Remember, if you ever need to talk to me, you always can." He says. "To be honest, you're my favorite patient." He says and giggle.

He opens up the office door and I walk out to Elinor, mommy, and daddy. Elinor glares at me for a second and then pulls me into a hug. "I-I'm sorry, Elinor..." I tell her. "It's okay. I'm just glad that you're okay." She says. Mommy and daddy thanks Dr. Mitchell and says let's go. We walk to the car, and drive to a diner.

••••••••••••••••••
This is Liyah. Wish me luck for school tomorrow.