chapter 34: Nick

We sit in the waiting room of the hospital, Addy sitting next to me as she gently rubs her belly while staring at the poster on the wall, I hold her hand rubbing gentle circles on her palm.
We've been waiting awhile to get in there and I'm starting to get fidgety from sitting here for so long.

"Addison Summer's" A lady called.

I jump out of the seat and help Addison up from her seat, I hold her hand as we follow the doctor to a small room with a bed placed in the middle.

"My name is Dr Smith and I will be doing your ultrasound this morning, Addison if you would please take a seat and get comfortable" she explains.

Addison nods and takes a seat on the bed, I stand next to her still holding her hand as the Dr Smith gets the big machine ready.

"Ok I'm going to put some gel on your stomach, it might be a bit cold" she tells her.

She squirts the gel on and I feel Addiso shiver slightly and giggles softly.

"Cold shiver" she says.

"Ok now I'm going to put this against your belly and see if we can get a look at your baby" shes tells us.

We nod along and she places the thing to Addisons belly and a gray picture appears on the screen, Dr Smith moves it around Addison belly till she smiles and stops at a small blob.

"There it is" she says pointing at the blob.

"Thats our baby" Addiso asks.

"Yep, this one looks like its growing quickly and quiet big" she explains.

"Thats good right" I ask.

"Yes its fine, it just means it might be a little early" she laughs slightly.

"Ok good" I sigh.

"Would you like a picture" she asks.

"Yes" me and Addison say at the same time.

She laughs as she prints us the picture and hands it to us.

"Ok I think were finished, if you have any questions feel free to ask and you should probably make another appointment for a month or so" she explains hand Addison a towl to wipe away the gel.

We nod and soon leave, I wrap my arms around Addisons waist looking at our baby.

"Thats our little girl Addy" I say.

"Or little boy" she laughs.

"It will be a girl" I tell her as she laughs harder.