Lost

Lost

"Hey sis!" My brother said softly shaking my shoulder. I sat up and stretched as well as I could given the space I was allowed. I looked out my window to see puffy grey clouds all around and wondered how the pilot could possibly see anything. Just then his voice came on the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing soon. Please fasten your seat belts and prepare for landing."

"Jay, where's mom?" I asked my little brother as I grabbed my phone and stood.

"Two seats ahead of us." He mumbled concentrated on the game he was playing on his ipod. I patted his head as I squeezed past him and walked to where my mom was sitting. A flight attendant gave me a look and I quickly sat beside my mom buckling myself in.

"Sleep good?" She asked smirking at me.

I looked at her funny, "What?"

"Nothing! So are you excited?"

"I'm overjoyed!" I all but squeaked at her, "California was always one place I wanted to go to."

"Well I'm happy for you. Now you can stop asking me to go places!" She said mumbling the last part under her breath, I rolled my eyes. Why couldn't't she just keep her sarcasm to herself. The plane landed and we all gathered our things and squished together, trying to exit the claustrophobic area at the same time. I came out first, then mom, and eventually my brother, I felt slightly guilty for leaving him by himself in the back. We made our way to the very crowded luggage check and were waiting for our things to come around when someone stepped on my foot.

"Ow!" I absentmindedly yelled and the stranger stumbled before righting himself and looking me in the eyes. We stayed there like that, him half crouching and me holding my foot, paralyzed it seemed for a moment.

"Ay man! You coming or what?" A guy called to the stranger, breaking me from the trance and I stood properly breaking eye contact.

"Yeah I'm coming!" The stranger answered before turning back to me, "I'm really sorry."

"It's fine! No biggie." I assured him avoiding his eyes for fear I might get lost in them again. He hesitated for a moment them was gone.

"Well he was cute." My mom said to me as she handed me my luggage.

"Yeah he was," I sighed "Too bad I'll never see him again." I said to her as we began to push our way through the crowd to get to the exit. A pair of kids comes running in front of me and I stop short as to not run over them and whomever was behind me was kind enough to shove me forward causing me to nearly face plant. I look up over my shoulder to see a girl around my age looking down at me with a smirk on her face before clicking away in her hooker heels. I scrambled to get up and hurriedly grabbed my things and set off in the direction I figured my mom would go. I searched and searched with no avail, giving up I went outside and sat on a blue metal bench. I took my phone out of my pocket so that I could call my mom only to see that my phone was shattered.

"Great. That's yet another iPhone that I have broken." I said out loud. I took a deep breath and looked around to ask someone for help and of course no one was there. "Looks like I'm walkin," I sighed and I stood "Good thing I don't have a lot of stuff!" I said in mock joy as I set off down the sidewalk walking away from civilization and towards the beach, beach people are friendly...right??

Please let me know what you think... I have so much planned. Austin will come in soon. Your comments and votes will motivate me. :) enjoy :)