Lost-Chapter Three

Lost-Chapter 3

We had been walking for what felt like hours and I began to zone out, becoming consumed in my thoughts.

"Hey, LaMaya!" Austin called to me bringing me out of my fog.

"Yeah?" I said looking around me, "Where are you?"

"I'm to your...left?? Yeah your left!" He called out to me and I couldn't help but laugh as I followed the direction his voice was coming from. Soon enough I saw his figure hunch over something.

"Did you find my things?" I asked attempting to move faster in the cooling white sand.

"Uh..I think so. Do you have a big blue suitcase? And some grey vans? And-"

"Yeah, Austin. That's my stuff." I said to him and went to grab some of my things.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked snatching my things from my reach, "You don't think you're going to carry this do you?" He said seriously but with a mocking smirk.

"Austin come on," I said not even willing to joke around at this point. "I still have to find somewhere to sleep tonight, I gotta find some way to get in contact with my mom, I haven't eaten in hours-" He wrap his arms around me and then I realized that I had tears running down my face.

"Look, you can stay with me tonight I have an extra bed, I have my phone back at the hotel that you can use, and I will feed you, okay? Please don't cry, LaMaya You're to pretty to cry!" He rambled and I pulled away from him and took a couple steps back and wiped my face.

"Alright, Aright!" I insisted laughing at his attempts to cheer me up. He smiled down at me and opened his arms and I walked into them and he hugged me swaying us back and forth. We stood there like that for a while until I shivered and he pulled back a little and looked at me, "Are you cold?"

"Uh just a little bit, but-"

"Here, take my jacket." He said as he began removing it from his body, "And don't tell me you won't take it. You have no choice." He said in a commanding voice. I sighed as he put the jacket on me, but was more than thankful when I was consumed in the warmth.

"It smells just like you." I commented under my breath. When he didn't respond I looked up at him and saw his gaze already trained on me. I was suddenly self conscious and began to fidget with his jacket. He put his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him and I instinctively put my hands on his chest to keep from running into him. I stood there with my eyes trained on his deep red t-shirt, refusing to meet his gaze.

"LaMaya..." He said softly, almost a whisper. Subconciously I bit my lip and my eyes trailed up his chest and eventually came to find my self lost once again in those paralyzing brown eyes. He slowly leaned forward and rested his forehead against mine still looking into my eyes intensely and opened his mouth to say something before closing it again. I dropped my gaze and my fingers began to play around with the fabric of his shirt and his thumbs began to draw slow, small circles on my hips through my clothes.

"Hey Austin!" I heard that irritatingly squeaky voice call out, I blew air out of my nose and stepped away from him shaking my head.

"LaMaya wait-"

"Austin! Woohoo! I'm over here!" Amber yelled to him. I walked around him and began to gather my things. "Austin! What are you doing, babe? Why are you ignoring your girlfriend!?" I couldn't help the tears that began to form in the corners of my eyes and I begin to move a bit quicker.

"LaMaya please! Just ignore her! We broke up a long time ago, I swear!" Austin said sounding almost as if he was pleading. I looked at him over my shoulder and told him I believed him when Amber spoke again and this time her voice was closer, as was she.

"Austin! Why are you talking to her? She's not your girlfriend. She's not even pretty-"

"Amber! Shut up! I told you it's over! Leave me alone!" He yelled at her and I froze with my back to them. A moment passed before she replied with a simple "Fine." I relaxed with relief, then I heard her whisper in my ear, "Go ahead. Fall for him. He'll just dump you like he does everyone else." Before walking away. My entire body froze. She sounded sincere and...hurt. Almost as if she had already experienced this heartbreak. I turned around and looked for her, but she was already gone. I heard someones footsteps and looked to my right to see Austin.

"What did she say to you?" He asked coming closer to me, I turned my back to him and started to pick up my things. "LaMaya..."

"She didn't say anything! She just walked past me is all." I said to him, but I didn't even sound convincing to myself.

"LaMaya-"

"Do you think you could help me with this?" I purposely interrupted him, refusing to continue this conversation any longer. With sad eyes he came over and grabbed my suitcase. I grabbed the remainder of my things and began walking away when he takes hold of my hand stopping me dead in my tracks. For what felt like forever I stood there, unsure as to how I felt about this when he was suddenly at my side. "She said that you would just end up dumping me if I fell for you. I believe her." I whispered and reluctantly pulled my hand from his and began the long walk back to his hotel.

Please give me your opinions I know it's only the third chapter, but you opinions help a lot :) keep voting and commenting they motivate me :)