Lost-Chapter Fourteen

Lost-Chapter 14

It was dark when Austin finally stopped our swaying and said to me, "We should probably head back." I picked my head up from his chest and nodded back at him drowsily. "Are you sleepy, princess?" He asked cocking his head to the side and looking at me intently. I hesitated and he chuckled a bit before turning around and telling me to get on his back. I lazily jumped on his back and he turned taking us back towards the rest of civilization. I began to doze off when Austin stopped suddenly, at first I thought nothing of it, then I noticed that he was whispering to someone. I opened my eyes and saw that we were at the other end of the boardwalk, where I had taken off towards the hall of mirrors earlier. I wonder how long it took them to realize I had left? Well obviously not long since-

"Look the answer is no! Now get out of my way." I heard Austin's voice rise snapping me back into reality. Who on Earth is he talking to!? And what are they talking about-

"All I'm saying is, you can do much better-" The voice was really familiar...it was really high and squeaky and-

"Move." Austin said it quietly, but he said it so sternly even I got chills. I tightened my grip around his neck ever so slightly and I felt his thumb stroke my thigh softly. I snuggled my face deeper into the back of his neck, drowning myself in his addictive scent. He began to walk past this stranger and I tensed, bracing myself for the worst.

"You'll learn." They whispered, whether it was directed toward me or Austin I didn't know, but I knew who the stranger was now. After another 30 seconds, I tapped Austin's shoulders and he stopped walking letting me come down from his back. He engulfed me in a hug, and held me there.

"What did she want?" I spoke once he released me, he shook his head and turned to begin walking back to the hotel. He made it about 5 steps before he realized that I wasn't walking with him. He stopped and turned around looking at me, I stared back with my head cocked to the side the way his was earlier.

He sighed, "Maymay.." When I didn't cave he ran his hands through his curly hair. I crossed my arms over my chest, and he took 3 large strides back to where I was at. We stood there like that, staring at each other. The wind blew pushing a few strands of my hair into my face, Austin moved it and finally answered me. "She was trying to convince me to leave you for her." I bit my lip and my gaze fell to the concrete. Of course she was! "Maymay, you know I would never-"

"Yes, Austin, I know." I said, it came out a bit harsh and I felt guilty, but I couldn't bring myself to apologize at the moment. I hate Amber. I don't care if I don't know her, just because things didn't work out between her and Austin doesn't mean she should try to ruin it for everyone else!

"Look at me." He said firmly. I did as told and he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my forehead. He put his head on top of mine and stayed there, eventually I gave in and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him back. I felt him smile, and I couldn't help but smile along with him. He pulled away and grabbed my hand linking our fingers, "I love you." He whispered looking down at me , I looked back up at him.

"I love you too." I stood on my tiptoes and planted a kiss on his lips. He grinned and blushed slightly, I giggled at him and swung our arms as we began the long walk back to our hotel.

"There yall are!!" We heard Alex yell as soon as we walked through the door.

"Yup! Here we are..." I said back to him with a questioning look.

"OH! Yeah..I just wanted to say goodnight!" He chirped as he walked past us towards the door,

"Night!" Austin and I called to him as he closed the door behind him.

"That's one weird kid." Austin sighed walking over to the fridge, I scoffed

"He's your best friend!"

"Yeah, I know...." He said, but he seemed to be judging himself. I laughed at him making my way to the bedroom. "Going to bed already!?" Austin yelled, "You haven't eaten yet!"

"I'm going to take a shower! Calm down!" I yelled back at him, feeling my heart flutter knowing he cared, knowing my mom wouldn't have.

"Can I join you?" He asked from where he was now standing in the doorway.

"Yeah!" I answered enthusiastically

"Really!?"

"Of course! When we get married." I replied pushing past him to get to the bathroom, smirk very obvious on my face.

"Well, do you mind getting married at a young age?" He called, I laughed at him closing the bathroom door. Seconds later it was opened, I turned to face him.

"May I help you?"

He closed the door behind him and leaned against it, crossings his arms over his firm chest. When did he take off his shirt!? "Please continue." He said nodding to my already half naked torso. I had managed to get my shirt off before he barged in.

"Austin. Out. Now." I said shortly, putting my hands on my hips. He playfully sighed and opened the door to leave, he turned back around at the last second and pecked my lips, "One day I will win." He whispered and winked at me before leaving. I shook my head and locked the door before undressing myself fully and hopping into the shower. When I was finished I realized I forgot to bring clothes, I stuck my head out the door and yelled for Austin.

"What's wrong?" He asked walking over to me.

"I forgot clothes." I admitted, slightly embarrassed. He smirked and opened his mouth and I gave him a stern look so he closed it again. He gave a curt nod and walked away. I silently closed the door and took a deep breath, smacking myself mentally. How do you forget to get clothes, LaMaya? There was a soft knock on the door and I cracked the door to see Austin holding out clothes in one hand the other covering his eyes. I beamed, knowing that he respects my privacy. I took the clothes and closed the door again. I got dressed and giggled at myself, Austin grabbed me a pair of his boxers, one of my bras, and a t-shirt that was his. I walked out of the bathroom and didn't see him, I shrugged and went to the fridge. I had just finished making myself a sandwich when I felt two arms wrap around me from behind.

"Hello, beautiful." He whispered,

"Thanks for the clothes." I replied, craning my neck to look up at him, he grinned at me rubbing our noses together. I kissed him and he turned my body around to face him, pulling me closer to him. He swiped his tongue over my bottom lip and I denied him, pushing him away from me.

"Whaaatttt?" He whined,

"I'm hungry!" I said mocking his childish behavior, he groaned throwing his hands into the air. I shrugged grabbing my sandwich and walking over to the couch, sitting and flipping to abc family where they were showing Beauty and the Beast. "Austin!!!!" I yelled

"What?" He yelled back

"Come sit with me!!" I said my mouth full, he walked over and looked at me,

"Now that is cute." He joked sitting beside me, I smacked his still bare tummy.

"Hush up."

"You know I love you." He murmured

I looked up at him and said, "Yeah I know." He kissed me softly. When he pulled away he was smiling,

"What?" I asked,

"You taste like a sandwich." He stated and I help up my sandwich, that he quickly took a bite of.

"Austin!!!" I screeched and he laughed hugging me tight to his chest.