Lost-Chapter Four

Lost-Chapter 4

"The extra bedroom is just this way." Austin mumbled walking towards and doorway off to the right. We walked all the way back without saying a single word to each other, I was contemplating whether to ignore Amber or to heed her warning. After all, Amber did date Austin and he did break up with her... but Austin just doesn't seem like that type of guy! I think I'm going to give him a chance anyways, I might never get this chance again and for all I know Amber was just messing with my head. I took a deep breath, ready to say something to Austin, but when I turned around I saw that he had already left the room. I shrugged and decided to go ahead and unpack my things, putting them away in the dressers and wishing I had some music to listen to. Once I finished I walked out of my room and saw Austin sitting on the couch.

"Austin, I unpacked my things." He didn't say anything or even flinch so I walked down the two steps to the couch and sat beside him. "Austin." He jumped a little.

"What? Huh?" He looked at me, "Oh. Hey." He said shortly looking back at the TV. "I already ordered room service and the bathroom is through the door on the left-"

"Austin," I interrupted, "Why are you acting like this?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He muttered under his breath, shifting his position on the couch. I scoffed and got up from the couch, walking into my bedroom. I threw myself onto the bed and screamed into the mattress, frustrated with everything at this point. I sat up and looked around the room, it was then that I saw the large window. I kicked my shoes off and made my way to the piece of glass taking up most of my wall. I looked out and saw a group of girls goofing around and dancing like they had no common sense, I couldn't help but laugh at little at them. There was a knock on my door and I turned around to see Austin standing there. "Uhmm room service..its here" He said quietly, I pressed my lips together and gave one small nod before looking over my shoulder and seeing that the group of girls was no longer there. I sighed and turned back around to find Austin Austin sanding right in front of me and I instinctively took a step back.

"I'm sorry." He said looking at anything but me, I hooked my thumbs into the loops on my shorts and rocked back and forth on my feet.

"You aren't the one who should be sorry. I should have listened to what you had to say instead of some girl that's been harassing me since I got off the plane." He chuckled and looked up at me,

"Yeah, you should have." He said with an adorable half smile. I pushed him playfully and walked out of my room following the scent of food.

"What? Forgiveness without a hug!? What has this world come to?!" He called dramatically from where I left him standing,

"The world is hungry and wants her food!" I yelled back walking into the kitchen area where the food was displayed nicely on the counter.

"Well!" He huffed walking out of my bedroom, "Some people are just so mean it blows my mind!" I looked at him and he turned his back to me. Groaning I waked over to where he was and wrapped my arms around him from behind.

"I'm hugging you!" I teased and his body shook with laughter as he turned around in my arms.

"Isn't this supposed to be the other way around?" He asked resting his chin on my forehead.

"What do you mean?" I asked inhaling his precious scent of boy.

"I mean, shouldn't I be the one who hugs you from behind and apologizes and gives you kisses and-"

"Woah whoah woah! No one's kissed anyone, mister!" I interrupted pulling my face away from his chest, but he just gripped my waist tighter.

"Maybe we can change that.." He said gluing his eyes on my lips, I gave a short laughed and put my index finger on his lips and pushing his face away from mine.

"Nothing is happening until I eat." I said prying his hands off of me and walking back to where the food was.

"Boy, you're a tough one. Do you have a nickname?" He asked plopping onto one of the stools at the island in the kitchen and spinning around.

"Some of my friends call my Lamaymay, but I usually go by MayMay. Why?" I told to him as I hopped up onto a clear space on the counter grabbing a french fry.

"Well, MayMay, I was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend?" He asked with fake self assurance.

"We've only known each other for a day, Austin." I half laughed tilting my head at him.

"Yeah, you're right. Never mind it was dumb anyways." He said quietly looking down at his hands. I climbed down from my spot on the counter and walked beside where he was sitting.

"It wasn't dumb, Austin."

"Yeah it was. I'm sor-"

"Don't be, because....my answer is yes." I said softly as I began picking at my fingernails. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him and he smiled at me.

"Do me a favor?" He asked and I nodded, "Close your eyes for a sec." He instructed and I did as told before feeling his soft, warm lips on my own. I smiled and kissed him back briefly before pulling away.

"What now?" He whined stomping his feet like a child.

"Uhh this girl still has not eaten!" I said in my 'duh' voice and went back to my spot on the counter. He sat back on his stool and threw a french fry at me beginning a huge food fight.

"Austin! What are you doing!? And who is that?!?" A voice yelled from the front door causing us to stop what we were doing and stand in shock at who was standing in the doorway.