Lost- Chapter One

Lost- Chapter 1

More and more people began to pass me and I could hear music, my pace quickened and my spirits lifted. After walking alone for so long I began to fear that I had gone the wrong way and would be forever lost. Just then my feet began to sink, I looked down and noticed the sand. It took everything in me not to drop down to my knees and bury my face in it, I felt a grin grow on my face and I removed my vans holding them in my left hand. Bringing myself back to reality I realized I would need a place to store my things while I go for help. I walked down a bit before noticing a small sand dune and shoving my things in while no one was around. Leaving myself a subtle sign that my things where there I set off behind a group of rowdy teenagers. After about five more minutes of them screaming and yelling, we arrived a the boardwalk and I all bout sprinted away from them out of fear my ears would begin to bleed. Luckily I had dressed for warm weather and blended in with my short shorts and tank top amongst all the other girls. I walked aimlessly around window shopping, while keeping an eye out for any type of public phone so I wouldn't have to ask anyone for theirs. Someone bumped me and I found myself lying on the ground for the second time that day, I hoped this wasn't going to be a reoccurring thing. I stood and look up to see the face of the girl that pushed me down in the airport.

"Do I know you?" I asked somewhat nicely.

"No." She replied. Her voice was squeaky and she was popping her gum-a huge pet peeve of mine.

"Then why do you keep showing up wherever I am and knocking me over?" I asked no longer caring if I sounded nice.

"Because, I saw the way Austin looked at you. He's mine." She said taking a step towards me. I raised an eyebrow at her, she didn't honestly think I would be scared of her did she?

"Who is Austin?" I asked taking a deep breath and swallowing back my thoughts.

"Oh as if you don't know!" She snarled taking yet another step towards me.

"Look. I don't know who this kid is and I don't really care! Just shut up, get outta my way and leave me alone before we have problems." I told her. She took a step back, "Fine, it's not like he would have any interest in you anyways!" She huffed before turning on her heel and walking away. I stood there bewildered for a good 3 minutes trying to process what had just happened. Shoving my hands in my front pockets I set off for the edge of the boardwalk where no one was at. As I sat down I took note of the foot steps behind me and listened for the popping of gum, relieved when I didn't hear it. There was silence for a minute as if the person was nervous and I almost forgot about them until they spoke,

"Hey! Are you okay?" A voice asked from behind me, I turned around. "Uhh yeah I'm fine." I said hesitantly to this very attractive stranger. "Oh.. I'm Austin. Austin Mahone." He said holding out his hand to me. I froze,

"Is everything alright?" He asked drawing back his hand,

"Do you know a girl, bout ye high," I asked holding my hand above my head, "with a squeaky voice and likes to pop her gum?"

"Yeah, that's my ex Amber. Why?"

"She's been..... following me all day and-"

"Not again!" He muttered, "I'm so sorry! She's so obsessive and she just-"

"Hey!" I interrupted, "Don't stress! It's all good. I just wanted to see if you were they guy she was... wait, are you the guy that stepped on my foot at the airport?" I chuckled

"Uhh.. yeah, sorry about that too." He blushed a little and I laughed.

"It's alright. It didn't hurt that bad...do you have a phone I could use for a second?" I asked him

"I actually don't. I left it in the hotel so that I wouldn't break it. You could come back with me if you like." He offered nervously, I contemplated for about half a second then realized that I wouldn't get in trouble considering I wasn't even with my mom.

"That'd be great!" I said to him and he smiled and helped me up from where I was sitting.

"I'm LaMaya, By the way." I said to him as I held out my hand. He gave a short laugh before shaking it and said,

"That's pretty name for a pretty girl." I looked up at him to see him flashing a cheeky grin.

"Oh so you're one of those guys, huh?" I teased unable to hide my smile. He set off walking and called over his shoulder,

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Oh really?" I yelled as I jogged to catch up to him, "Betcha five bucks you cant go two hours without complimenting me or hitting on me."

"I just met you! I was only being friendly!" He said in mock innocence. I thought about it then agreed.

"Fair enough, no bet."

"Good, a pretty girl like you shouldn't be making bets anyways." He teased nudging my elbow with his, I looked at him in disbelief and he laughed loudly causing me to laugh with him as we walked up the boardwalk. "You're not a girly girl, are you?" He asked once we had settled down.

"No, why?"

"Race ya back to my hotel!" He said before taking off.

"But I don't know where your hotel is!!" I yelled from where he had left me.

"That's the funny part!" He called. I sighed before running after him, unable to wipe the smile off my face.