Chapter 19 - The Cat's Out

** THREE DAYS LATER **

DYLAN'S P.O.V.

Nathan was now driving me back to the hospital this morning to hear what the results of my tests were. The morning sickness and gotten less and less violent as days went on, but I still did get sick and felt ill. I was really nervous as to what the results would be like. What if I was dying? What if it was cancer or something? (I don't know what symptoms you really have for cancer, so please don't be offended.) I was trying to keep my mind off of the subject as I knew it was only overwhelming my stomach and making it worse.

My thoughts were stopped by the sound of the engine being cut off. I was reaching for the door handle when I felt Nathan's warm hand on top of my other, causing me to look in his direction.

"Whatever happens Dylan, I want you to know I still love you," he assured me. I tried to flash a smile at him, but I'm sure I showed a little fear as I was so curious as to what could be wrong with me. Nathan and I walked into the building once again and the nurse took us back into a room right away after we checked in. I sat on a freshly made gurney while Nathan stood next to me with a hand on my knee. Five minutes later a doctor walked in.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Sykes, how have you been doing?" The man asked. Nathan answered back with a subtle 'good' while I was wanting to say something along the lines of, "Oh you know,I've just been feeling like shit for three days and I don't know why."

"So you were both in here three days ago for having a harsh stomach flu symptom, correct?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied to him quickly after, just wanting to hear the results.

"Well we've ran your tests through Mrs. Sykes, and it's nothing serious thankfully," The doctor continued. I felt Nathan gently squeeze my leg as he was listening to the doctor himself.

"Congratulations, you are pregnant!" The doctor cheered. I was instantly shocked as Nathan looked ecstatic.

"You both are newly weds as of four days ago, correct?" He asked us. We both nodded.

"How many alcoholic beverages were consumed by Mrs. Sykes?" He questioned me.

"I rarely ever drink in general, so I only had a few sips of Nathan's champagne," I answered truthfully.

"Then that was the only reason your morning sickness was so terrible. Thankfully from the scans, the babies were not harmed by the alcohol and it managed to pass out of the body by now," he explained.

"Wait - doctor, did you just say...babies?" Nathan asked. The doctor soon grinned.

"Yes I did! It's too early to know if they're twins or not, and what the sex of the babies are, but you should be able to know in future appointments," he explained.

"Mr. Sykes and I can actually make your next appointment right now with the maternity nurse, but otherwise you should be all set Mrs. Sykes," the doctor told me as I told him thank you for the wonderful news before Nathan set up the appointment and left with me.

NATHAN'S P.O.V.

I can't believe it! We're going to be having kids, Im going to be a dad! I helped Dylan out to the car and she got in while I walked around to the drivers side and got in. I got in and looked over at Dylan to see her crying and I immediately was scared.

"Dylan?! What's wrong?!" I asked immediately. She looked over at me before her lips curved into a smile.

"I'm going to be a mum!" she cried out in happy tears. This was definitely a day I'll always remember.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I feel like this was kind of predictable, but it's great news at least! :D

How's school for everyone else? I actually start school tomorrow which sucks. :P Im still nervous about my classes and who is in them because nothing is better than having classes or lunch with no one to talk to. :/

Love you guys! - :Dylan x

Comment • Vote • Fan • Smile • Laugh :)
Uploads every Monday unless otherwise!