Chapter 31 - Don't Cry

A WEEK AFTER THE BABIES WERE BORN.

DYLAN'S P.O.V.

"It's good to finally be home," I sighed happily as I looked at the house in front of us. Nathan had just picked me up from the hospital since I was being released with Ella and Caiden. They were both sound asleep in their car seats when Nathan shut the car off and we both got out and started undoing the carriers from the backseat.

"We're home little one," I whispered as I started to carry Ella in as Nathan was following behind me with Caiden. As we approached the porch, Nathan took Ella's carrier out of my hand and exchanged it for his keys so I could unlock the door. When I had the door opened, I took the carrier back away from Nathan and walked inside.

"Let's take them into the nursery, they'll sleep better," Nathan suggested. We walked upstairs and down the hall until we reached neon blue room with every essential a baby would need. I sat down the carrier next to the door and started unbuckling Ella out of the carrier while Nathan did the same. I gently picked up Ella and laid her down in her crib gently and smiled. I then headed for the door before I looked back at Nathan who was just smiling at the both of them.

I walked down the hall again a little before I came across our bedroom. Nathan had brought me some of his clothes to wear home since the clothes I wore to the hospital were ruined, but I decided I should get dressed. Just then, there was a ding-dong noise from downstairs which indicated someone was at the door. Who could be here?

"I'll get it!" Nathan yelled from the hallway, which then caused one of the babies to start crying. I groaned as I quickly threw on a sweater and some jeans before walking over to the nursery to see Caiden was indeed upset.

"Come here," I cooed as I attempted to silence the baby. I sat down in the rocking chair and slowly rocked as I tried to make out who Nathan was talking to downstairs. Once I was sure Caden was sound asleep again, I gently sat him back down in his crib and left the room as quietly as I could, shutting the door behind me. I walked down the stairs to see Nathan and Nano both smiling at me.

"Hello Dylan," Nano greeted me as he stood up from the couch and hugged me.

"Nice to see you again Nano," I replied with a smile before I took a seat next to Nathan who wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"So what brings you here?" I asked Nano, Nathan sighed before looking at me.

"Nano wants to plan our tour that is going to happen in a few months, and I say you won't be ready to handle two newborns," he explained. I sighed as I looked at Nano who had a calm face. Don't get me wrong, I love Nano for keeping the boys in place. I just don't think he really understands what it's like to have kids since he doesn't have any of his own besides the boys.

"I probably won't be ready," I started off. "But I'm not always going to be the only one looking after them. I have Maggie, and I'm sure Jess or your mum wouldn't mind helping out here and there," I replied. Nathan sighed and squeezed my shoulder.

"I guess you're right," he replied as he looked at me and we both smiled before he turned back to Nano.

"I guess I'm going on tour."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is just a terrible chapter and I apologize, the procrastination station has now arrived. xD my school was even canceled today because of the fact that there was like a mad storm by me, and the school lost power, and I still put off updating. :P

I might be able to update next week on time since we're having a 'thanksgiving' get together with my family and basically I don't want to be around adults, and my cousins are bringing their boyfriends so. :/

ALSOOO since there is about 9 chapters left, I need to get a new cover made for the third book to this trilogy. So obviously YPTM has just a picture of a boy and a girl, and CDIL had Nathan and some girl, would you want the next cover to just have a boy and a girl, or have Nathan on it again? Talk to me, tell me your thoughts! :D

I wasn't able to get pictures of the kids as babies, so maybe when I start the third book I'll post pics of them as toddlers. :)

Love you guys! - :Dylan x

Comment • Vote • Fan • Smile • Laugh :)

Uploads every Monday unless otherwise!