Chapter 25 - The Sixth Month

DYLAN'S P.O.V.

Today was now Maggie's day before she takes the last name 'McGuiness'.

"Dylan hurry up!" Maggie snapped in her flustered voice as I was struggling to get into my bridesmaid dress with my huge stomach.

"I'm trying!" I replied as I finally was able to get the dress on. Thankfully Maggie was making everyone wear flats instead of heals since my feet have been sore lately. I took a seat in one of the many chairs around her other friends as I slipped on my loose flats.

"We need the bridesmaids," one of the people demanded as we all walked out and got lined up. I was even more nervous since I was the maid of honor and had to lead the line. As soon as I was given the cue to go out, I walked slowly down the aisle as I looked over to the groomsmen and immediately found Nathan smiling and I focused on his eyes until I got to the front of the church and took my place on the opposite side of Nathan.

I watched the rest of the wedding patiently before it was done and everyone clapping and having a good time. Finally we had to partner up with the groomsmen and I was able to take Nathan's arm securely.

"Excited to give a speech?" Nathan asked as he saw how nervous I was.

"Not really, I just realized a few hours ago that I never came up with anything, so I'm going to have to wing it really," I shrugged. Nathan chuckled before kissing my cheek.

"That's what Sykes' do best!" He remarked.

************

AT THE VENUE

The speeches had went well and Jay and Maggie were talking with other relatives as I sat at the bridal party table, bored. Being pregnant has had it's ups and downs. I couldn't dance and I couldn't enjoy and wine or champagne like everyone else, and besides the boys and Maggie, the only people I really knew were their parents, which would've been awkward to start a conversation with.

"Hey you," Nathan greets me as he takes Maggie's empty chair and sits in it. He offers me his glass and I sigh and shake my head no.

"You know I can't drink Nath," I told him.

"It's just sparkling apple juice, you really think I would be drinking when I'm the driver?" He remarked which made me laugh. I took his glass and took a small sip before giving it back to him. We watched as everyone was smiling and dancing on the dance floor, or talking amongst each other while laughing at god knows what. I felt a frown spread across my face as I wish I was able to relive my wedding night. Relive it without looking like a hippo, without being scared that if I fall I could kill an unborn child.

"Do you want to leave?" Nathan asked, he knew me well. I sighed and sat back in my chair.

"It's Jay and Maggie's wedding day though, we can't just leave," I sighed as I looked at Nathan. He laid his hand on my knee and gave me a warm smile before telling me to wait a moment as he took off in the direction of where Maggie and Jay were talking to someone. I could see Nathan taking over the conversation with the two newly weds as they then smiled and nodded before he walked away and came back over to me.

"We're free to leave," Nathan told me happily as he took my hand and led me outside and to his car. Once we were finally in his car, he started the engine and took off out of the parking lot.

"Oh, and by the way, Jay and Maggie hope you feel better soon," he spoke. I snapped my head towards him.

"You told them I was sick?" I questioned.

"Sort of, I just said you weren't feeling well so I was going to take you home," he explained with a smile of his face. I just shook my head and rolled my eyes. I hope our son or daughter doesn't get his mischievous side.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Helloooooo! :)

I just now finished writing the chapter...I suck, I know. :/

I've had absolutely NO TIME to write at all this week, and this week isn't looking good either. :P I have band rehearsal like every day now until Friday, when I have to perform in the MSU homecoming parade so. :P

But Journalism has just attacked my life like ugh. :P I'm starting to consider dropping the class, like the editors always make me correct stupid things like I used 'Big Ben' as a reference in one of my papers, and the editor wrote 'what's that?' HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT BIG BEN IS?! -.- or just other stupid little things, like I know my writing is terrible, but is it really THAT terrible? But I still have other electives I need to take as required classes, so I might just drop it and take those if I still don't like it. :P

Love you guys! - :Dylan x

Comment • Vote • Fan • Smile • Laugh :)
Uploads every Monday unless otherwise!