Chapter 16 - Hilarious Speeches

DYLAN'S P.O.V.

I watched along with everybody else as Nano slid into one of the back rows and sat down. I looked over to see all the boys smiling and shaking their heads.

"Do you object of this marriage sir?" The priest asked the man who I was assuming to be Nano.

"Oh! No, I don't object. I just slipped in late," he replied embarrassed in front of both Nathan's family and everyone on my side that I chose to invite. We carried on with the ceremony by saying our 'I do' 's and then getting the rings. I took Nathan's ring and slid in onto his ring finger, along with him doing the same to me.

"By the power of God invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride!" The priest happily announced, along with everyone standing up and clapping and Nathan's parents in tears of joy as Nathan leaned down and connected his lips to mine. I could help but smile into the kiss like Nathan also did, and of course cameras were flashing wildly around us. Both Nathan and I pulled away at the same time.

"Follow me," he whispered in my ear as he took my left hand and faced the people again in the church before running down the aisle, which was stressful to do with a dress on. We both laughed as we went outside and found our limo amongst the paparazzi. Nathan squeezed my hand tighter as we moved through the paparazzi, not letting them ruin this day. Finally we were able to get in the limo and the doors shut.

Nathan and I were just fantasized with everyone outside going crazy until we drove off, leaving them behind. Nathan already then had his arm around my shoulders as he kissed my cheek.

"You honestly look breath-taking," he whispered as he looked into my eyes. I felt myself blush and I instantly looked to the ground as he chuckled. Yeah, he still had that effect on me.

"How do you feel being Mrs. Sykes?" He then asked.

"It feels wonderful," I replied with a smile as I leaned up and kissed him.

************

--- AT THE AFTER PARTY THING ---

Everyone was sitting at their tables including all of us from the wedding party. I was sat with Nathan on my left and Maggie on my right. We were all talking and having people come up and congratulate us until we heard someone clanging their knife to their little wine glass, which happened to be Jay. The room feel silent as all eyes were on him as I felt Nathan lay his hand over mine that was placed on his knee.

"Is this thing on?" Jay asked tapping the microphone with his finger and earning laughs from the crowd. "Oh, it is," he chucked, while looking over at Nathan and I with a big grin.

"The reason I am here today is because Nathan couldn't find anyone more eloquent, or the Jaythan flame in him hasn't died after all," he joked as Nathan sent him a playful smile and squeezed my hand from under the table.

"Nathan, even though you've hurt me so bad by leaving me, I'm glad it was for Dylan. If she's the reason you smile everyday, write these amazing songs, and just be yourself, I can gladly take a step back. As for Dylan," he turned to me and gave me his full attention.

"Take care of him like I do and don't forget to make him a cuppa every morning, or else I will find you, I know where you live," he pointed at me and tried to remain serious, but the audience's laugh made that impossible. He smiled with pure joy written on his face before raising his glass once again.

"So this was me being eloquent. I tried and therefore no one should criticize me. Love you guys with all my heart, cheers!" He finished and everyone started clanging their champagne glasses together, but before things got back to normal, Maggie stood up and got everyone's attention for her speech.