Chapter 6

"Does anyone know what the time is? My phone's powered off." I said, sitting on the floor of what is now Mallark's and Alen's room.

"Seven." Mallark replied as he scrolled through his Instagram, pausing a bit on Mercy's picture. 

"Exactly seven?" I asked.

He sighed, "Seven 'o two. Does it really matter?" I glanced up at him, he was commenting on the picture. I turned to Seica and Melissa and gave a slight nod towards Mallark. They snickered on cue. His head shot up, "What?"

"Nothing." I said. "We were laughing at something else."

"What?" He sat up from on the bed and glared at us.

"Don't worry your little head about it, seriously." My thoughts turned back to the magical moving pillows and I internally berated myself for choosing that room. I never wanted to go back there. I wasn't going to be alone, of course, but when it really came down to the supernatural it was better to be in a bigger group. Everyone knows splitting up is a bad idea. Yeah, well eight people can't sleep in the same room at once, dumbo. I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts. 

"What're you thinking Saryl?" Melissa said, moving over to sit with me against the bed.

"Just about the moving pillows. I swear I saw them." She didn't comment and at first I felt hurt but then I realized Alen had just walked in. 

"Huh? What'd you say?"

I smiled, "Nothing. It doesn't matter anyway."

"Okay." 

"By the way you shouldn't stare so much." I whispered.

She elbowed me sharply, "There's nothing else to do. I never knew spending time in an old creaky house would be so boring."

"Better boring then blo- ..." I trailed off. "Well, I mean, it's just because everyone's on their phones." I said quickly. 

"Then tell them to get off it."

I stood up and marched over to where Michelle was engrossed in some Wattpad story. Seica was trying in vain to read over her shoulder. "Michelle! Phone please." When she didn't reply I grabbed it from her hand. 

"Hey!"

"You can read it some other time when you're not  in an  old creepy house." Then I turned to Mallark, but he was already off his phone and chatting with Alen. I knew Jet and Rocky were in their room and at first I found myself worrying why I couldn't hear them from here, but then I shook my head. If something had happened we would know. Jet's scream is loud. And why was I worried about them anyway? The only ones I had to worry about were Seica, Melissa, and Michelle. It looked like I worried enough for the whole group since no one else seemed to be bothered. The sound of pitter patters drew me to the window. I swished the curtains aside. "It's raining!"

"You didn't know? It's been raining for a while now." Alen said, sparing a glance outside.

"No, I didn't realize." I gazed out at the falling droplets of water. It was growing darker outside as well. "Hey Mallark, you're calling your mom at nine right?"

"Mmhmm. She probably won't allow me to spend the night."

"I think I'm getting a ride with him too." Alen said. After picking rooms the guys had talked about this. They weren't planning on spending the night like we were. They just came to the house to... well, they wouldn't tell us the reason so I don't know. It was going to be just the four of us girls in two hours. "I don't know about the lock on the front door though." Alen mused. "Mallark, you should probably tell your mom to bring a wrench or some tool thing to open the door."

"I thought we would just break a window." When he said that I felt a sudden chill go through me. I glanced at the window, was it open? All I saw was more rain.

"No! I mean, no don't break a window. Isn't that vandalism?"

"It's an old house Saryl. I'm pretty sure no one cares."

"Okay." I stole one last look at the rain, and a faint smile crossed my face when I remembered my Social Studies teacher laughing at me for spending half the period staring at the rain (the other half I took a nap). I loved rain though. I crossed back across the room to where the rest of the girls were and sat criss-crossed next to them. "We still have to kill two more hours and then we should go to sleep at nine. Wake up at eight, or seven, and bam out the door and dare completed." 

"Sounds good." Seica said shrugging.

"So, any gossip? Rants? We need something to pass the time here." I whispered.

"Uhhh...." Everyone sat and thought but no one could pull up a topic yet. 

"You wanna see how the other two are faring then?" I said.

"What other two?" Seica said.

"Jet and Rocky? Already forgot about them?" I laughed.  

"Ohhh theemm!!! OK." We all stood up and strode to the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" Alen said.

"We are going to see what Rocky and Jet are doing." Melissa said.

"Wanna come?" I added, and Melissa gave me a look. 

"Nah." Mallark said, before Alen could answer. Alen shrugged. 

"Okay then." It took us a few minutes only to reach their room. The door was closed. I knocked and when no one answered I pushed it open. No one was inside.