Chapter 19

"You're awake!"

"What happened? Did I faint?" Seica sat up, and then had another coughing fit.

"Um, I guess you could say that. Sorry about the water by the way, I didn't know how else to wake you up."

"Yeah, thanks."

"Is that sarcastic? Whatever. The thing is, you missed out on like, a lot, and I guess it's my job to catch you up."

"Okay?"

"Yeah, but first we have to go upstairs and get some pillow cases and bed sheets and what not." I began climbing up the stairs, and Seica coughing and wet, followed up after me.

"Why?"

"We have to start a fire, and I need something to uh, set on fire."

"Why?"

I turned around and stared at Seica, "You don't know- Wait, oh yeah, you were passed out."

"Just tell me."

"Jet- Jet-" I shook my head, "I mean, uh Danielle stabbed Jet, and we're going to have to cauterize his wounds."

"WHAT?!"

"We don't have time for this Seica, come on." We started back up the stairs and turned into one of the rooms.

"Wait, who's Danielle?"

"I'll explain everything later. Jet's first priority right now." Seica raised her eyebrows at me suggestively. "Oh, shut up, he's dying."

She shrugged, "Fair point." I stared at her in horror, and her eyes went wide, "Wait, I didn't mean it like that. It's terrible that's he's- you know. It's just that when you told me it didn't feel real. It still doesn't."

"Um okay?" I said, ripping off the cover sheet from the bed, viciously, "The least you can do is get the pillow covers. That'd be helpful actually." As she was just standing there. Seica busied herself by pulling the pillow covers off of the pillows, and then we repeated the steps in two other rooms until we were both holding a pile of linen. Then we started back down the stairs to get to the fireplace. Seica began speaking again.

"Wait, so you're going to set these on fire?"

"Yes. And questions later, please?" I said, glancing at her as we entered the "tea room." Then I saw Alen slumped over in his seat. I felt my heart constrict for a split second before I heard Melissa.

"He's sleeping."

"Oh." I said sourly, as I noticed his even breathing. "Well? Wake him up." I said to Melissa.

"Me?"

"Yes, you. Is there anyone standing behind you I could possibly be looking at?" To her credit, Melissa didn't look behind her.

I sighed, as I stalked over to the fireplace and dumped the bundle of linen, Seica following my steps. "Michelle still in the kitchen?"

"Probably." Melissa said.

I turned to face her, and saw she was standing uselessly by Alen's side. "Waake him uup Melissaaa." I said, elongating the words, and then I frowned at how whiny my voice sounded.

"Yeah, yeah." She said, dismissively. "Alen?" She reached out and shook his shoulder. "Alen, you need to wake up."

"Seica can you go get Michelle? She's in the kitchen- Wait, I'll go." I said, remembering what happened the last time Seica went into the kitchen. I jogged out of the room hurriedly, and found Michelle in the kitchen, still sharpening the knives. "Really? Still?"