Unsafe

Trost

   Yuichiro looked around in surprise at the Giants invading the city. Right as the Shinoa Squad had reached the city border, they had spotted multiple Giants scattered about– mostly devouring any people they could get their hands on. The teen was sickened by the sight– it reminded him of what had happened when the vampires took over the world...

"Stay in groups! Kill as many Giants as you can!" Yu snapped to attention as Guren shouted orders, and then raced off with Shinya in tow.

"Mitsuba, with me– we'll cover any enemies straight ahead!  Kimizuki and Yoichi you cover any Giants you find to the west! Mikaela and Yuu-san– cover the east! Don't any of you die!" Yu smiled a little at Shinoa's last order, and urged his horse to go faster as he started to veer right, Mika close by his side. The first Titan they encountered was a 5 meter class– and while Yu distracted it, Mika took it down easily.

"Mika! Let me take the next one!" The blond was hesitant, but eventually agreed– only on the condition that he be extra cautious. During their hunt for more Giants to kill, Mika and Yu had observed the way the members of the Survey Corps had killed the monsters– and since it had an almost guaranteed success rate, they decided to start slashing chunks out of the Titan's necks as well. The next Giant they came across was a 10 meter.

Mikaela quickly jumped off the roof– as his and Yuu's horses had run off earlier– and got the Giant's attention. Yu stayed out of sight until he believed the moment was right, before launching himself at the beast's neck, aiming for its weakness. His sword sliced easily through the flesh of the creature without dulling in the slightest– and the Titan crashed to the ground, releasing a mini-explosion of steam as Mika dodged out of the way.  The blond vampire went to his brother's side, both of them preparing to find another Giant to slay.

"Good job, Yuu-chan." The blackette smiled cheekily Mika, and puffed out his chest.

"Was there ever any doubt?" The blond chuckled and stated,

"Yes." His reply earned a disbelieving look from Yuichiro, but before the human could comment, the blond went racing along the rooftops once again, followed closely by a slightly-fuming Yu.

~~~~

The duo kept slaying Titans left and right, having a few close calls with the creatures who had tried to devour them. As they had both been at the mercy of vampires, they didn't find the Giants as terrifying as the blood-suckers, and were able to kill at least 7 Titans.

Soon enough, Yuichiro and Mikaela came upon Armin. The cadet was sitting haphazardly on the roof of a medium-sized structure. Tears were streaming down his face as he stared into the eyes of a Titan that was smiling creepily down at him.

"Armin?!"  As Yu ran up to get the blond out of range of the Giant's grasp, Mikaela quickly and efficiently took it the beast down with a quick slash to the back of its neck. The vampire glared at the monster as it fell, and then joined Yu and Armin on the roof. The blue-eyed teen was unresponsive to all of Mika's and Yu's calls, and the two rescuers were concerned about the health of the blond until he uttered one word.

"E-Eren..." Yu instantly pictured the brunette getting eaten right in front of his best friend's eyes, and felt a wave of sympathy wash over him– thinking about how he would've felt if it had been his friends.

Just thinking about it made him shudder.

"Yuu-chan, we need to move." The blond gently laid a hand on the other's shoulder, urging him to get moving with the other boy. Snapping out of his daze, the blackette helped Armin stand, and then raced off along the smooth part of the rooftop with Mikaela in tow.

~~~~

Eren glanced around, sickened by the sights and smells that surrounded him. The scent of blood filled his nostrils, and the sight of dead soldiers– some still alive– caused bile to rise up in his throat.  He clenched his fist, his own blood loss causing him to become dizzy. In that moment, Eren's will to fight became stronger than ever before as everything started to fade.

   Finally losing consciousness, the last thing Eren remembered was the surge of power flowing through him, before he simply let his mind forget about everything.

~~~~

   Guren looked up in shock, Shinya right beside him as the Rogue Titan tore its way out of the decaying body of the Titan that had just been killed by Mikaela.

   "What the hell?!"  The Giant didn't even turn to look at the two despite them being so close– instead, it began to wander around the town, seemingly taking out its fury on other Titans.  Guren turned towards Shinya.  "What the hell was that?!"  The silver-haired male shook his head, just as confused as his companion was.

   "I don't know, Guren, but it seems as though..."  Shinya paused, debating whether or not to say it. Eventually, he decided to speak the words on his mind:

"It's not an enemy."